What's new

Yaqi "DEFECTS", aka Seconds on $7.00

I was looking a couple of days ago for a smaller brush to take traveling and I noticed that there was a 22mm Yaqi for $2.00. I see that it's still there, on the second page of the listing that you posted.

P.S. I bought a brush at Dollar Tree yesterday for $1.25. I haven't lathered with it yet, but from what it feels like dry, I think I should have just waited for the Yaqi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kix
There's usually some very small imperfection. The dye swirl in the handle is not placed right, etc. Sometimes, there is a larger glue bump than normal. The kind of thing that stops it from being sold as first quality but doesn't affect the functionality.

Reactions: Kix
Well I use to buy Nike Blems at old Oshmens Sporting goods. Most of time it was stitching that was not perfectly straight.

Think these brush’s are deal if you do not have to have Perfect, quality,

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Mostly really good deals, stay away from the short lofted brushes unless you like scrubbers mostly IMO. I still use those brushes + gifted some and get some of the best lather and especially the face feels they offer has been my enjoyable experiences over the years.
I almost pulled the buy trigger on the 24mm twist brush, that knot is a good one IMO(similar feel to a real 2 band badger) + the handle is unique.

Last edited:
Mostly really good deals, stay away from the short lofted brushes unless you like scrubbers mostly IMO. I still use those brushes + gifted some and get some of the best lather and especially the face feels they offer has been my enjoyable experiences over the years.
I almost pulled the buy trigger on the 24mm twist brush, that knot is a good one IMO(similar feel to a real 2 band badger) + the handle is unique.

Define SHORT LOFT? Education apprieciated.

Loft is the length or height of the bristles. Loft usually scales up with the diameter of the knot. Too short a loft makes a brush very scrubby. Long lofts can be floppy.

Let's take 24mm knots, for example. A loft of around 55mm would be average, 50mm or less would be short, 60mm or more would be long.

Looking at 26mm knots, a loft of around 53mm is getting short, 57mm probably average, more than 62mm long.

Loft is the length or height of the bristles. Loft usually scales up with the diameter of the knot. Too short a loft makes a brush very scrubby. Long lofts can be floppy.

Let's take 24mm knots, for example. A loft of around 55mm would be average, 50mm or less would be short, 60mm or more would be long.

Looking at 26mm knots, a loft of around 53mm is getting short, 57mm probably average, more than 62mm long.
Well like everyday I come to this forum called B n B leaned something again, THX.:c1::c2:

Ron R

Well like everyday I come to this forum called B n B leaned something again, THX.:c1::c2:
If your thinking about buying a brush soon I would do it soon because a lot of those brushes will be gone from my experiences. The Lucky dice 26mm is a great brush and a person with large hands will enjoy it even more with because the handle is larger. I have one and it is a excellent brush for general shaving needs and is not a lather hog either.
Good luck!

Ron R

@NorthernSoul summed it up what a short brush loft is, Yaqi has some boar bristle defective brushes that have a short loft and might be to scrubby for my shave needs so I avoid those ones(I should of been clearer and took for granted you knew that.) It is a learning curve I have found out and a person can find it interesting along the way.

Top Bottom