What's new

Xiaguan video

I have absolutely no idea what it says, but my kids think this is the funniest thing ever. I must have played it 20 times for them.

http://www.xgtea.com/zxsp_show.asp?infoid=3

I am sure Chinese kids are right now laughing about how ridiculous the English language sounds.....

edit: For additional hilarity, let babelfish translate the web pages for you into english from traditional Chinese (The simplified character translation is more or less normal, but the translation assuming traditional characters is simply awesome)

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I love the way they pronounce Xiaguan pu'er cha at the end. Thanks for posting.

edit: For additional hilarity, let babelfish translate the web pages for you into english from traditional Chinese (The simplified character translation is more or less normal, but the translation assuming traditional characters is simply awesome)
:lol::lol::lol: What's with this recurring theme of manly parts.:confused:

Ouch said:
I love the way they pronounce Xiaguan pu'er cha at the end. Thanks for posting.
I concur. It's funny how it sounds like a computer is doing the talking, and not a human, like on those text to speech programs. Tonal languages are cool.

Edit:Click on "hidden sheng title", and check out the wild forum posts.

Last edited:
I find it pretty freaking odd that I was able to pick out even a few words like xiaguan and tuocha etc.

Some of these words aren't associated with actual sounds when I read them. That has just occurred to me and it's a pretty strange feeling. I'm not a fabulous linguist or anything but this is a completely new sensation. A bit unsettling actually.

I have absolutely no idea what it says, but my kids think this is the funniest thing ever. I must have played it 20 times for them.

http://www.xgtea.com/zxsp_show.asp?infoid=3

I am sure Chinese kids are right now laughing about how ridiculous the English language sounds.....

"mouse dong geng" huh? Yeah, I'll pass on that one, but thanks just the same. :lol:

Update: after watching the Xiaguan video about a billion more times, my youngest has dubbed himself "Xing Hong Phooey" and insists on using that instead of his given name.:a6:

"Tea is beneficial...tea is really beneficial. 'Greatly Beneficial' [tea company name] Pu'er tea."

益 in this case is a good word to use in a tea name because it plays both on the sense of being beneficial to your health (just like here in the West studies have suggested that tea has health benefits) but also because it means "profit" it is a good choice for traditionally lucky company names.

Top Bottom