What's new

(X-Post from AS) Anyone with Chanel Pour Monsieur Experience?

I recently ordered Chanel Pour Monsieur the EDT, which I heard better things about rather than the concetree. I ordered it off Ebay as for whatever reason Chanel won't sell the EDT in the US(Never could find why); and now I'm looking to layer the scent with the Chanel PM aftershave. Now I could get the balm off Chanel's website, but I also saw options elsewhere of a PM splash when I was looking for the EDT.

Does anyone have experience and input for either of the two Aftershaves, balm or splash?

I had vintage A/S splash and now I have an EdT spray. The A/S splash doesn't last as long but is otherwise similar so I don't see a need for both.

No experience with the aftershaves, but I was under the impression that the concentree was the newest formulation of PM, not another product sold at the same time.
That would explain why Chanel only sell the concentree (which is exactly the same strength, just with a different name and allegedly different composition) and not the original PM, as that isn't made any more.

No experience with the aftershaves, but I was under the impression that the concentree was the newest formulation of PM, not another product sold at the same time.
That would explain why Chanel only sell the concentree (which is exactly the same strength, just with a different name and allegedly different composition) and not the original PM, as that isn't made any more.

To be clear, the older one is a light but rich chypre. The Concentree is much closer to Obsession for Men by CK, so I hope nobody will think that the Concentree is just a slightly stronger version of the original.

I recently ordered Chanel Pour Monsieur the EDT, which I heard better things about rather than the concetree. I ordered it off Ebay as for whatever reason Chanel won't sell the EDT in the US(Never could find why); and now I'm looking to layer the scent with the Chanel PM aftershave. Now I could get the balm off Chanel's website, but I also saw options elsewhere of a PM splash when I was looking for the EDT.

Does anyone have experience and input for either of the two Aftershaves, balm or splash?

I have the splash and it is vintage EDT from the 1980's-it's the same as the spray but packaged in a shaker type bottle. I decanted some into an atomizer and use it that way. No experience with the aftershaves but I'd expect them to just be lighter versions of whatever formula is available today. By the way, the original PM is still being made, it's just not distributed in the U.S. You have to buy in another country, the duty free shops or order online from strawberrynet.com or ebay if you want it and live here. As noted, the Concentree is distributed in the U.S. but it is not the same formula as the original and it contains different notes.

I actually prefer the scent of the concentree to the original. I find it a little less powdery & fresh. Extremely similar though. I would rate both as two of my favorite colognes.

I just ordered the Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT and Aftershave Lotion from Strawberrynet. I'll let you know how the aftershave is in a week or two.

Ben

Top Bottom