What's new

WTS: 1949 Gillette Executive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a boxed Gillette Executive in excellent conditions. It happens that I'm currently raising funds to leave the disgraced country I'm living in (Venezuela) otherwise I would never have thought to sell it as I know I will never own another (too rare and expensive for my current possibiities).

The Executive is one of the most rare Gillette safety razor being produced only in 1949 and sold during 1949 and 1950 Christmas Holidays. It is also the only full rhodium plated razor ever produced by Gillette in the United States.

I would dare to say the razor is in minty conditions. The rhodium plating is perfect, no pitting, no brassing, not even a microscopic hairline scratch. The plating is original, the razor have never been replated.
Everything works as intended, opens and close flawlessy, both end caps are present.

The original box is in good conditions apart a little cut on one side of the leather (ostrich?) cover. The outer metal suffers a little oxidation. Inside is pristine..the metal rim shines, the black velvet is perfect and the mirror is intact. It even has the original folded instruction paper. Sadly I don't have the original blades.

Fixing a price was the hardest part, it sells within a range between $300 and $800 depending on the condition, boxed or not and completeness of the set. Being the razor in excellent conditions and boxed I'm asking $360 including DHL Express shipping (5-7 days), payment by Paypal.

For any question please feel free to ask!

proxy.php

More picture to follow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom