What's new

Wow! KAI double edged razor blades.

Kirk(I hope you are Kirk. It is the only name I typically see in these posts.:001_smile) , can you compare these to the Personna Med Prep blades? I have found the Med Preps to be about the best combination of sharp and smooth I have used so far. Saying that I have also read some very nice things about the Kai blades as well. Thanks.

Hi Todd,
The Personna blue labs are really good as well. I find them both very good, but very different as well. The Personna's are very thin and lightly pre oiled. It's a very smooth shave with no irritation, but I can only get about 2 shaves per blade. The KAI's are thicker with a much sharper edge. I can get 4 shaves with these. From what I understand the KAI's are med prep blades as well.

Take care
K

Last edited:
Hi Todd,
The Personna blue labs are really good as well. I find them both very good, but very different as well. The Personna's are very thin and lightly pre oiled. It's a very smooth shave with no irritation, but I can only get about 2 shaves per blade. The KAI's are thicker with a much sharper edge. I can get 4 shaves with these. From what I understand the KAI's are med prep blades as well.

Take care
K

Thank you. I have a very tough beard with somewhat sensitive skin. I can shave with less than perfect sharpness but not smoothness. This is where Feather let me down. When I first used them there was no comparison. Sharp, smooth, they had it all. The last number of them I bought were simply not smooth. My face was taking a beating. Med preps have cured most of that so a pack or two of Kai is likely in order.

Was in your shop at Lincoln square almost two weeks ago and picked up a pack of KAI blades.
To me they are just like Feathers which I like. Of course they are in competition with Feather in Japan.
Anyway I only get two shaves out of them just like Feathers. Note: I have very tough beard and I consider two shaves acceptable. Some of the cheapo brands won’t get me through one. BTW looking forward to the grand opening of your new men’s shop.

Top Bottom