What's new

Wow! - how things have changed.and maybe not so.

Welcome back, and I definitely appreciate the aristocrat. Enough so that I've acquired 12 of them in the last two months. Those who don't are more than welcome to to send me theirs. Also I'm happy that I discovered perma-sharp blades. They're one of my favorites.

Now I know why they're so hard to find these days! your dedication to the king of razors is to be commended and yes Permasharps are pretty decent aren't they.

I completely agree with you concerning Aristocrats. I have most of the models, both US and England, and love them all. My favorite is an early 40's model replated in Rhodium---smooth!

Great list and right on target with your observations. Having been around awhile, I would add a couple things to the list:

Re-plates were considered taboo and a topic for heated debate.

A double edge razor hit mainstream advertising (micro-touch), something never envisioned.

The online vendor market was small to say the least 8 years ago.

Many members have come and gone.

Thanks Matt, I agree with your additions and I'm sure I could think of others given time, so much has moved on in that time, it's quite scary in some respects but mostly positive to be honest.

I have to agree with the majority of your points. I'm still plugging away with my Tabac though.

I remember people going mad for Tabac, I tried it and found it to be very good though the smell always confused me, some days I liked it some days I didn't, go figure....

I've found that the smell of Tabac has grown on me. And the performance is really quite excellent. I would in fact welcome some additions to their line up. Tabac shave oil anyone?

Tabac still gets plenty of love! It's a favorite of mine. Perhaps some of the hype died down.

Great perspective. Thanks for sharing, OP.

Everything is still YMMV, and we just finish Tabactober with the greatest soap out there..Tabac. :001_smile

I may get myself some more, though I can't agree on it being the greatest, that's obviously MWF and there can be only one :001_smile

Tabac still gets plenty of love! It's a favorite of mine. Perhaps some of the hype died down.

Great perspective. Thanks for sharing, OP.

No problem, I may have been a bit off base on the Tabac, it appears it still has it's fans, I can see why, it's a very "slick" soap.

Top Bottom