What's new

would it be better to use aftershave with moisturize or apply a seperate moisturizer?

would it be better to use an aftershave that has a moisturizing effect or would you guys recommend that i apply a seperate moisturizer after if needed?

Whatever works for you, and less is better. If I can get away with just a balm, I'll do it every time. This is usually possible in the summer, but rarely in the winter.

Scotto said:
Whatever works for you, and less is better. If I can get away with just a balm, I'll do it every time. This is usually possible in the summer, but rarely in the winter.

Ditto!

Scotto said:

same here if I can get away with it, its very rare though with the cheaper a/s balms. they are more meant for moisturising then killing a razor burn.
so like today I had to attack it with Burrberry's a/s to kill the burn the Kouros a/s balm wouldnt attack it.

sometimes the otherway around does work..the more expensive a/s moisturises enough and kill the burn that you dont need a seperate moisturiser.

Nivea a/s comes to my mind as an excellent 2 in one product.

any recommendations on the more expsensive a/s that both moisturizes and kills razor burn?

i don't really like nivea's scent

Dont like Nivea's scent ? perhaps you should try the old bottles I got my hands on 2 of the oldy once...my seller still has some but offcourse she is based in Holland. Im going to dillute it to an atomiser and use it as a face freshner nice scent and moisturising this bottle has been shaken when the bottle is in rest the liquid devides you get one part is blue on top of one part that is white .

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...PageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

Just mixed some of the nivea a/s in my 2oz atomiser that was filled with Kiehl's cucumber face toner and added some drops of the M7 a/s for smell. hmmm

if you want to go for smell then Yves Saint Laurent M7 aftershave cant be beaten for smell . I think aftershaves in general are more to kill razor burn and give you a light smell that goes away fast one exception to this rule is M7 it is strong enough to work as a cologne by itself.

you should try Dynamic pulse by Adidas nice smell but fades away fast which is the purpose of most aftershaves.

if you want a genious moisturiser try Thayers Lavender Witch hazel (kills razor burn aswell !) you can then add to it the smell you like by dilluting any aftershave you like.

with wetshaving there are no boundaries just do what works for you.
and specially search this site it has a ton of info.

randomtw said:
any recommendations on the more expsensive a/s that both moisturizes and kills razor burn?

Baxters, C&E, L'Occitane, ...

I often use Nutrogena's razor burn relief product. Its very effective for me. I'm not sure if its a moisterizer or not (though it may be) but I find that it works very well.

randomtw said:

If you can use products containing lanolin, I highly recommend Truefitt and Hill Classic Aftershave Balm (No longer imported into the US). It was $40 a bottle, but was twice as large as most. It has no fragrance added, so no worries about clashing with your cologne or toilet water.
If you have a spare $60, this place has a great deal on the T&H ASB ($40), a T&H Super Badger Brush($60), and a tube of T&H Almond Shave Cream($16). Depending upon how you wish to look at it, you are either getting a free brush for buying the ASB and tube of shaving cream, or free ASB and shaving cream for buying the brush. It is a small, but stout brush that is really very good.

how would you compare TrueFitt & Hill's super badger brush to crab tree's best badger brush?

i already bought a brush :(

i might just to return the brush i guess if i pick this up

how did u find that stuff on the site?

randomtw said:
how would you compare TrueFitt & Hill's super badger brush to crab tree's best badger brush?

i already bought a brush :(

i might just to return the brush i guess if i pick this up

how did u find that stuff on the site?
They are opposite ends of the spectrum. The T&H is super soft and floppy, the C&E firm and scritchy. Both have their place in the wetshaving pantheon. :wink:

are there any more shaving items on the website? i have no idea how you've found that stuff on the site except typing in truefitt in the search

randomtw said:
are there any more shaving items on the website? i have no idea how you've found that stuff on the site except typing in truefitt in the search
That's the way I do it.

I usually use an after shave balm such as the Soap Opera, Barclay Crocker, Pi, Sandalwood, Proroaso, Arlington aftershave milk. If I use Trumper's Skye & SPanish Leather after shave & cologne, I will use Tumper's moisturizer. The alcohol in after shave disinfects, but dries the skin, so a moisturizer is needed. ALot also depends on one's skin if its dry, oily,etc

Top Bottom