What's new

Would an Ever Ready razor have originally been sold in a GEM case?

I bought this Ever Ready razor (1924 shovel head?) today. It was sold in this GEM box. Would it have originally come in this box?

$Ever Ready.jpg

No. It would have come in an Ever-Ready box when it left the factory.

Over many decades of buying and selling and trading, it's not unheard of for a razor to be sold in the box of another company by a non-serious seller.

No. It would have come in an Ever-Ready box when it left the factory.

Over many decades of buying and selling and trading, it's not unheard of for a razor to be sold in the box of another company by a non-serious seller.

That's what I figured. I was just curious. I bought it to use not display. At $10 if it shaves well, I'm thrilled.

It will shave quite well. Just, please, make sure to use the blades from the razor section of your local supermarket or drugstore. I prefer the Stainless blades, but the blue carbon steel blades are also quite good, just not as long lasting.

It will shave quite well. Just, please, make sure to use the blades from the razor section of your local supermarket or drugstore. I prefer the Stainless blades, but the blue carbon steel blades are also quite good, just not as long lasting.

I picked up a pack from CVS today. They're the only ones locally available. If I like shaving with it I will see what I can find online when I get low.

Top Bottom