What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

Since no one has yet mentioned it, I will: the Henson AL13. When I say "mild", I mean smooth, comfortable, with minimal blade feel, and the AL13 checks all of these boxes. It is the easiest shaving DE razor I have ever used, yet it is still remarkably efficient. It should definitely be a contender on your list. For a reference point, I love my Mamba 53 but, for me, the AL13 is better.

I have only my Rockwell 6S (and a retired Merkur which I no longer use) but I must say out of the 8 razors I have ever purchased, the Rockwell@1 has been the only one usable for me ATG. Also, @1 works for me WTG if I shaved yesterday, maybe some folks don't stretch their skin?

I think feather asd2 was most mild until trying the focus r51 which is most mild I have used modern production, a lot of nice expensive razors on list here though

I have only my Rockwell 6S (and a retired Merkur which I no longer use) but I must say out of the 8 razors I have ever purchased, the Rockwell@1 has been the only one usable for me ATG. Also, @1 works for me WTG if I shaved yesterday, maybe some folks don't stretch their skin?
I have the 6C 👍🏻

Since no one has yet mentioned it, I will: the Henson AL13. When I say "mild", I mean smooth, comfortable, with minimal blade feel, and the AL13 checks all of these boxes. It is the easiest shaving DE razor I have ever used, yet it is still remarkably efficient. It should definitely be a contender on your list. For a reference point, I love my Mamba 53 but, for me, the AL13 is better.
Interesting 🤔 I have to look into it. Never heard of Hensen before. I like the different colors! Thanks

I think feather asd2 was most mild until trying the focus r51 which is most mild I have used modern production, a lot of nice expensive razors on list here though
Thanks...and you’re right.. I think I have enough to choose from already!😂
I’m probably going to stick with what I have...plus the ones I have on order...and see how they work over the next month or two. Then every once in a while try something new to see if they can match them.
I will post the results of my test shaves with the ATT and Mamba when they arrive. The ATT arrives by Saturday. Mamba in 2 weeks?! I guess Italian Barber 💈 isn’t shipping DHL like Karve does. I got my CB in two days! ✈️

Last edited:
Never heard of Hensen before.
You and a lot of other members here. For unknown reasons, all of the Henson threads have been banished to the Brotherhood and Club forum, which are, of course, rarely frequented. There is a lot of good discussion in that thread; unfortunately its one long beast to wade through, but you may want to check it out.

You and a lot of other members here. For unknown reasons, all of the Henson threads have been banished to the Brotherhood and Club forum, which are, of course, rarely frequented. There is a lot of good discussion in that thread; unfortunately its one long beast to wade through, but you may want to check it out.
Interesting. But I am not paying $70 when it was only $40 less than a year ago. I missed the boat again.

but it really is $40 if they just sell out in 5 minutes everywhere and the lucky ones flip for profit though?
still it is 'pay $70 = years of excellent shaves', 7000 divided by the shaves sounds inexpensive in each case
if enthusiasm too overwhelming [if no financial interest for a venue] it gets cordoned aside
think of the frustration you would have if you are the maker and people are buying at retail and flipping on ebay for profit routinely, it means the price is too low fair or not

but it really is $40 if they just sell out in 5 minutes everywhere and the lucky ones flip for profit though?
still it is 'pay $70 = years of excellent shaves', 7000 divided by the shaves sounds inexpensive in each case
if enthusiasm too overwhelming [if no financial interest for a venue] it gets cordoned aside
think of the frustration you would have if you are the maker and people are buying at retail and flipping on ebay for profit routinely, it means the price is too low fair or not
Right, but I already have good quality new and vintage razors. I dont “need” another razor, lol. If I didnt know it was $30 less, less than a year ago...
But I do, thanks to this forum.😄

I waded through the beast! Just ordered the AL. Thanks!

I waded through the beast! Just ordered the AL. Thanks!
You're welcome! It seems that, like me, you like milder razors, so I think you will like the AL13. Did you get the medium, or the mild? I have the medium and it's pretty much my grail for a mild yet efficient razor. But I understand that the mild is not too much different and might be closer to your "world's mildest" ideal.

No. Henson just hiked their prices across the board 40%. Nothing to do with flipping.

No. Henson just hiked their prices across the board 40%. Nothing to do with flipping.
More like 75%!😄
30/40 = .75

Re: the OPs question, I tried the DS Cosmetics GC .68 clone today, on a magard mr5 handle with a new Astra SP blade. Very nice CCS ( which is all I aim for) in 2 passes (wtg,xtg) with touchups. No sting when applying Brut AS.
Is it the worlds mildest? Dunno, but it was mild and efficient to me.
Ymmv.

Last edited:
The Timeless Ti really impressed me. I got the 0.95 plate, so I assumed it would have an aggressive feel, but it’s so smooth and comfortable yet incredibly efficient.

Top Bottom