What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

The mamba 53 is pretty darned mild, but I’ve never tried anything under plate 4 on my Rockwell 6S.

I’ve also never tried anything under plate b in karve.
I tried the Karve B plate yesterday, and it was too aggressive for me (believe it or not)...so Chris is sending me plates AA and A. I'm a newbie with sensitive skin, so I need to start at the "bottom" and work my way up the efficiency ladder...or perhaps not. I'm pretty content just getting a relatively close (though not BBS) shave with almost no irritation...i.e., the best shave of my life! The Rockwell 3 provides that for me. If the Masamune, Karve, or Timeless are able to provide more efficiency with the same level of comfort as my 6C, that would be awesome. If not, so be it. I'm not going to sacrifice comfort for efficiency.

P.S. On a side note, I had heard some negative things about Karve shipping. But, I got my order pronto! They used DHL :thumbup:

Last edited:
I cannot personally attest to either of these but I've heard good things about the Razorock BBS and the Phoenix META4. Alas the latter is sold out. I also like to find that sweetspot between sublimely mild but still quite efficient. Seems we are both searching for that perfect balance! I hope you continue to update this post as you explore these mild shavers. It's an interesting perspective as I get the feeling a lot of the gents here do enjoy their higher blade feel/efficient shavers - which is totally fine!

If you're open to vintage I would recommend the Schick Krona without hesitation.

My mildest razor is the Van der Hagen TTO. I understand that it is a rebranded Weishi. The MicroTouch One razor appears identical. Unlike some inexpensive razors, this one is brass. It comes in long-handled and short-handled versions. I prefer the long handle.

This is my razor of choice for my clean-up pass. I equip the razor with a super sharp blade like a BIC Chrome Platinum to pick up the final remnants of stubble. I like using a more aggressive razor for my initial WTG pass, especially if I have more than one day's growth, but the minimal blade exposure of this VDH makes it ideal for buffing to achieve a very close shave without irritation.

Feather AS-D2 or Rockwell plate 2. To me, the Feather feels similar to plate 2, but is a little more efficient. The Feather is my favorite razor.

Rockwell's plate 1 is probably the mildest I've ever used, but as you've discovered, it's pretty worthless, so hard to give it any credit.

Has no one mentioned the Timeless .68?
I was reading this thread thinking the same thing until I saw your comment. I love my polished Timeless 0.68
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

I cannot personally attest to either of these but I've heard good things about the Razorock BBS and the Phoenix META4. Alas the latter is sold out. I also like to find that sweetspot between sublimely mild but still quite efficient. Seems we are both searching for that perfect balance! I hope you continue to update this post as you explore these mild shavers. It's an interesting perspective as I get the feeling a lot of the gents here do enjoy their higher blade feel/efficient shavers - which is totally fine!

If you're open to vintage I would recommend the Schick Krona without hesitation.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will continue to update...and look into the razors you mentioned!

Feather AS-D2 or Rockwell plate 2. To me, the Feather feels similar to plate 2, but is a little more efficient. The Feather is my favorite razor.

Rockwell's plate 1 is probably the mildest I've ever used, but as you've discovered, it's pretty worthless, so hard to give it any credit.
Can't wait to try the AS-D2! I'll start with my favorite blade (Personna Med Prep) but I'll also try a Feather blade, since everyone is suggesting it...and, well, it is a Feather razor! ;)

Let the Smoothest (yet efficient!) Razor competition begin!

🪒 :a30:🪒

Last edited:
The Mamba 53 has to be right up there, shame they don't make them anymore... If you find one up for sale make sure you get it - a true mild connoisseurs choice, very mild yet very effective.
That and the handle is both beautiful and perfectly balanced on this head (for me!).

The Mamba 70 is no slouch either, but it's only a touch more effective for a noticeable bump in aggression - it's still milder than most out there, though, so if you like them on the mild side it's one to look at.

The Ds Cosmetics T7 is based on the 70, but the scalloped cap actually makes it a fraction milder - for the price it's very, very difficult to beat.

Here are my three together...

20210225_173835.jpg

The Mamba 53 has to be right up there, shame they don't make them anymore... If you find one up for sale make sure you get it - a true mild connoisseurs choice, very mild yet very effective.
That and the handle is both beautiful and perfectly balanced on this head (for me!).

The Mamba 70 is no slouch either, but it's only a touch more effective for a noticeable bump in aggression - it's still milder than most out there, though, so if you like them on the mild side it's one to look at.

The Ds Cosmetics T7 is based on the 70, but the scalloped cap actually makes it a fraction milder - for the price it's very, very difficult to beat.

Here are my three together...

View attachment 1249514
Well if they shave half as good as they look, they're all winners! ;)

Top Bottom