What's new

Workplace tea setup?

What kind of setup do you have at work?
Do you drink different teas than at home?
Just curious because it seems like puerh at work is too much trouble for me.
Oolongs and greens are just easier.

I keep my tea cleverly disguised as mustard:
proxy.php

And I use one of these:
proxy.php

I drink mostly blacks and oolongs but I don't think puerh would be much trouble with a few changes in setup. Switch the infuser out for a pot and the jars out for something more conducive to holding a cake.

Dayi gaiwan and cups. Metal strainer and stand. Fair cup. Electric kettle. All sitting on a while(ish) kitchen towel.

I still drink mostly oolongs at work but that's because they require less attention to brew well.

I drink almost exclusively pu-erh at work and do not find it to be a bother. I do however cheat a bit by some standards. I do not usually use either a gaiwan or a Yixing pot. Instead, I find that one of these works just fine: http://www.adagio.com/teaware/ingenuiTEA_teapot.html?SID=821a5020a1358dfa869fe6750670bc23
Hope I don't get turned into the pu-erh police for this post. I could have my pu-erh infusing license revoked indefinitely for an infraction like this.

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I drink almost exclusively pu-erh at work and do not find it to be a bother. I do however cheat a bit by some standards. I do not usually use either a gaiwan or a Yixing pot. Instead, I find that one of these works just fine: http://www.adagio.com/teaware/ingenuiTEA_teapot.html?SID=821a5020a1358dfa869fe6750670bc23
Hope I don't get turned into the pu-erh police for this post. I could have my pu-erh infusing license revoked indefinitely for an infraction like this.

My work sessions have been less than thrilling, so I'm thinking of getting one of those. I think they're $13 at the local Fairways (plus the million I'll spend on other things there).

I could have my pu-erh infusing license revoked indefinitely for an infraction like this.

Actually the Adagio device is fine (lets the leaves swim around freely). I think the below warrant puerh infusing license revocation

proxy.php
proxy.php

Free the puerh leaves :biggrin: !!!

I have a portable tea table I got from Steve. That plus a gaiwan and cup and I have a perfect pu'er setup at work. I am drinking as we speak. :wink:

edit- I just snapped a photo with my Blackberry:

Last edited:
I've had that same tea table for a year now and it's doing just fine. Perfect size to have next to the computer so I can' Sip 'n Surf.

Simple cup with large bore immersing strainer. I drink Pu gung-fu style...works well. Little disconcerting drinking out of a metal cup but at this time the entire thing is so thick with a tea-patina that not sure the liquid actually touches the metal

Top Bottom