What's new

Wooooohooooo!!!! Picked up 2 Gillettes

At the street festival downtown yesterday, I picked up two Gillettes: a Blue Tip and a Slim.

I searched through all of the antique stores in town a few weeks ago, but no one had anything. Yesterday, in the last store I stopped inside, I searched through all of the cases, and didn't find anything. I was about to walk out when I realized I had not looked in the front case. I walked over, looked down and saw a Blue Tip. I asked to look at it, and the gentleman got it out for me.

"Did you see the other razor?" he asked me.

"There's another?!"

He walked to another case, that I had already looked at, but somehow missed seeing a Gillette Slim Adjustable. The Slim is in very good shape, but will definitely need a thorough cleaning. The Blue Tip is in excellent condition, a little fading on the blue, but was obviously well taken care of.

I paid $4 each, and was very pleased with my find. I can't wait to clean both up and try them out!

My wife thinks I have completely lost my mind. :biggrin:

Last edited:
That is a cheap fun.... I know how to get the wife to shut up. Go buy a nice AR15 or 1911 45acp. After she sees the price on those, she will be very happy for you to have fun with the razors. :001_smile

you have lost your mind, but its a good score none the less

LOL, thanks! I put in an order for some new blades, and they should arrive by the time I get my new razors cleaned up. Can't wait.

That is a cheap fun.... I know how to get the wife to shut up. Go buy a nice AR15 or 1911 45acp. After she sees the price on those, she will be very happy for you to have fun with the razors. :001_smile

:w00t:

Very good fortune. Congratulations.

Thanks!

I love hunting razors in the wild.
I don't spend much and I can keep a bit of control on my RAD :)

It was pretty fun hunting through those shops in town. I went through them a few weeks ago, found some straights and brushes, but not a single DE. Made the round Saturday and hit the jackpot.

Nice one. Don't forget the pics after cleaning...

Will do. It will probably be closer to the end of the week when I can get them cleaned up and post the pics.

GREAT JOB, RAY!
Now throw that foreign razor you bought a few weeks ago out or put it on ebay and put that blue tip Gillette to work! :wink:
Wp

Nah, I'll keep the Parker as my travel razor. If I leave it or lose it, I won't care as much.

Congrats on your find.

Thanks!

Top Bottom