What's new

Wishing good health to Tony Miller

Tony, it sounds like you are well taken care of by very professional medical staff. That is always a wonderful thing I am grateful for in America!

You take care of yourself, we will be ok without your strops *holds hands behind his back with fingers crossed*

Honest!

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Tony,
Are the crabcakes any good at Johns Hopkins or do you have to get G&M's to deliver?

G&M's are great. Hopkin only gave me a choice of a Caeser salad or a chicken wrap to eat after my cardiac cath. There is an eatery downstairs from the Caridiology unit that sells uber $$$ food. Salads start at $15! If they had crab cakes I'd guess they would be about $24 a pop in that place.

Thanks guys!

Tony

I have a brother in law that had the ablation done and is now doing real good. If I recall right the procedure was a few hours and he had an over night stay.

Prayers your way brother.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Versed. Ask for it by name. Thank me later.

I don't know what drug they gave me for the cardiac cath 2 weeks ago but I had no side effects in recovery and I could not tell you anything that happend during the procedure. I remember they hooked up my IV and then in what seemed like 2 seconds later the doctor said "all done, no blockages".

Great stuff whatever it was.

Tony

I don't know what drug they gave me for the cardiac cath 2 weeks ago but I had no side effects in recovery and I could not tell you anything that happend during the procedure. I remember they hooked up my IV and then in what seemed like 2 seconds later the doctor said "all done, no blockages".

Tony
Midazolam, blocks memory formation, great for the OR. Give it to the patients and they don't remember anything.

Many, many patients like to talk, talk, talk while under the influence. You should hear some of the things these patients "told me" LOL

Just a quick update. I met with the Electro-cardiologist today and they plan to try an 'ablation". Basically, another cath in inserted and they thread a wire into my heart and burn out the offending cells which are short circuiting my hearts electrical pattern. This is a few hour, probably go home at the end of the day or a one night stay at the most procedure that may actually fix the problem, rather than just sit there like the "paramedics in a can" implantable defib unit waiting for the worst. Both cardiologist have studied endless EKGs and studies I have had and feel this is the best path back to my original self.

I will likely go in next Friday, if not this coming Friday. I am much happier with this plan and they are very sure of exactly what part of my heart is causing the problem.

Thanks again for all the well wishes, PMs and emails. It will be a long while till I am back in the shop again though.

Tony

That really sounds terrific. Please keep us posted.

Tony

99.9% chance it was propofol. It works like a champ as long as you have someone who can manage an airway. Just as Micheal Jackson.

Top Bottom