What's new

Winter causing ingrown hairs

So I finally waxed my shaving routine with the help of suggestions from B&B, all irritation and ingrown hairs are gone. Then…the coldest winter snap came and overnight my skin changed. It’s so dry no matter what I do, and the ingrowns have come back with vengeance. Anyone have experience with this in winter? Any remedies? I’m using my wife’s expensive moisturizer like 6 times a day 😅

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Since the weather got colder and dryer this Fall, getting ingrowns has been almost magically easy for me.

At first, I stopped using a shaving creamI had been steadily using and a particular brush, too.

When that didn’t help, I backed off on the moisturizer fearing it was making my skin puffy before the whiskers grew past skin level.

When that wasn’t enough, I had to make more calculations. I am bad at maths.

The solution that reduces ingrown hairs best for me is two-fold:

1. Ease up on the pressure I had using shaving ATG. It had been curling my whiskers back like ribbon. And if I shaved very close, that curling was happening below skin level.

2. Going back on everywhere I shaved ATG (which is everywhere because that’s all I do…) to clean up/get any partially cut and curled back whiskers.

Doing that, for until temptation resumes, allowed me to go back to using moisturizer.

Hopefully, you’ll be able to remedy your ingrowns quicker and easy than I did and resist “techniques” grow them in the dryer months.

I had this happen just recently! My skin was in very bad shape and therefore, my shaves were also troublesome!

My wife suggested I apply serum and aftershave balm (which I also apply as moisturizer at night), on very wet skin, just short of water dripping.

It seems to have done the trick!
My skin is back to normal, no more dryness and the shaves are again magnificent!

When cold weather came around, I had the bad habit of taking hotter, longer showers than usual, which dried out the skin. I don’t do it anymore which helps a lot.

During these periods I also prefer to bowl lather (adding a few drops of glycerine) rather than face lather; feels gentler on the skin.

I also limit myself to two passes and avoid going ATG.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. While this is not a problem I share, I hope my overall hatred of winter - cold, snow, dark days, etc. - brings a sense of brotherhood.

Top Bottom