What's new

Winter Alternative to Brit

For the warmer months of the year, I enjoy Burberry Brit for Men as a regular part of my rotation; it presents to me as a strong ginger opening with a talcum powder drydown. As the temperature drops below 40F, though, I get more and more of a vanilla note from it, and I don't care for how vanilla smells on me at all. I'd be interested in finding a suitable cold weather replacement, preferably with a ginger note.

If it helps give an idea of my preferences, the rest of my rotation is Xeryus, Jasmin et Cigarette, Gigember Estragone, The Third Man, and Polo Double Black. As I mentioned, I'm not a fan of strong vanilla notes, nor of patchouli or 'gourmand' scents.

Thanks for your time.

Geez that's a tough one. It isn't as powdery, and may be heavier on the spice than you're after, but try Epices by LT Piver.

Best of luck in your hunt, I don't think it'll be that easy. Lots of designer frags use vanilla or tonka these days.

Last edited:
Geez that's a tough one. It isn't as powdery, and may be heavier on the spice than you're after, but try Epices by LT Piver.

Best of luck in your hunt, I don't think it'll be that easy. Lots of designer frags use vanilla or tonka these days.
Thanks. Epices definitely looks intriguing. I should probably have specified that I was using 'gourmand' to reference dessert notes, rather than a broader range of food-like notes.

Top Bottom