What's new

Williams Mug Soap

Does anyone know if Williams Mug Soap is still being produced in the USA? I can get it on Amazon--at a steep price, but can't find it on any of the shaving products web site(s). I may be mistaken, but I thought I read that it is no longer being produced.

Thanks to all who replied. I had guessed it was no longer available, but wasn't sure. Perhaps, someday, I will stop by a small town drugstore or grocery store, off the beaten path and stumble across some.

Thanks to all who replied. I had guessed it was no longer available, but wasn't sure. Perhaps, someday, I will stop by a small town drugstore or grocery store, off the beaten path and stumble across some.
I've got an old puck still in the box that I'll send you. The scent is mostly gone but if you'd like to try it, shoot me a PM with your address. I stumbled on a few pucks 15 years ago or so at a grocery store on vacation and grabbed them.

I went to a antique shop one day in North Carolina and found 2 pucks of vintage Williams and 2 pucks of Colgate for $ 8.00 . And plenty of fishing gear. Worth sticking your head in and checking these places out.

I've got an old puck still in the box that I'll send you. The scent is mostly gone but if you'd like to try it, shoot me a PM with your address. I stumbled on a few pucks 15 years ago or so at a grocery store on vacation and grabbed them.
Thanks for the offer, but I will stick with my Noble Otter for now.

With as widely available it was... You will. I have come across it a few times while hunting at antique stores

Williams was the most hated soap by far here years ago. Many would not admit to using it. I've used it my entire shaving life, and still do from time to time.
A long late uncle used it with his straight razor, brush, shaving mug, and coal stove heated water from their farm's well.

I still have a few pucks left that I purchased many years ago and I enjoy using it on occasion. I believe it was the second shaving soap I had used when I got back into traditional wet shaving and it brings back good memories.

Top Bottom