What's new

Williams Mug Soap. Tell me something good!

So what the hell is this stuff!? Is this the aqua velva the box suggests using for blue willies!?Is this any relation to the Williams Mug soap we all know and love?

Attachments

• $694505.jpg
    $694505.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 141
So what the hell is this stuff!? Is this the aqua velva the box suggests using for blue willies!?Is this any relation to the Williams Mug soap we all know and love?
Same company. Williams boxes advertised Aqua Velva on them and the paper that was wrapped around the puck. Here's one of my pucks that came from the Cranford NJ plant that advertises the he-man scent of Aqua Velva.

proxy.php

Last edited:

Slightly different container than the one we have the US, but the exact same product.

Williams Mug Soap, and Aqua Velva are both brands of Combe Incorporated of White Plains, NY.

Last edited:
So Michiganlover, please explain to the class where exactly your avatar comes from. Did you edit that, or was that a real thing?

I have some of the Michiganlover Special Edition Williams. It's good stuff, it actually works itself into a huge lather if you simply claim that modern Williams is usable. :w00t:

So Michiganlover, please explain to the class where exactly your avatar comes from. Did you edit that, or was that a real thing?

Well there are two stories:

A) It's the only puck of Modern Williams that actually works, hence its is "Michiganlover's Special Edition". However, since it is the only puck in existence that actually performs correctly, I have been too fearful to actually take it for a spin, since it can't be replaced. :001_tt2::001_tt2:

B) It's a picture of a box of Williams that has labels attached too it. The box was custom made for me by a participant in one of the rounds of the "PIF Giveaway Game". In the earlier rounds, you were randomly given someone to send too. You would stalk their posts, and discover what sort of things they liked. My sender obviously found my intense dislike of Modern Williams, and thought he would have some fun with it. It was an awesome gift. :w00t::w00t:

I'll leave it up to you to decide which story you want to believe. :lol:

Hello.
I use this Williams the first time for my shave this morning. It lathers a bit crazy at first, with more soap and only a little bit hot water the foam comes up.
The shave was smooth and clean without irritations and my skin feels very good = Soft and clear.

A friend of a german shave forum brought me this soap puck from his holiday in the USA, thanks for this little fine shaving soap.
I use my Jaguar boar brush to lather it up.

Greetings

Andreas

Seraphim said:
Combe also owns the rights to men's Grecian formula hair coloring, Vagisil, and Johnson's foot soap.
Maybe the Johnson's and Vagisil whipped in with current Williams would make a usable lather. Gotta draw the line at Grecian formula, Seabond, and Just for Men...

Top Bottom