What's new

Williams mug shave soap - wonderful experience!

you can still find vintage williams!
hard to beat!!

williams rubberset brandt aqua velva april 24 2016.jpg

I tried to make a go of it, I couldn’t do it and I couldn’t make it work for me. I tried everything. In the end it was a totally failed experiment.

Arko is my now go to cheap shave. Plus I love the smell, but as I always say, kudos to the men that can get Williams to work for you!

I tried to make a go of it, I couldn’t do it and I couldn’t make it work for me. I tried everything. In the end it was a totally failed experiment.

Arko is my now go to cheap shave. Plus I love the smell, but as I always say, kudos to the men that can get Williams to work for you!
If you still have a Williams pucks, use it like a shave stick (like an Arko stick) and face lather. I totally failed when first trying to bowl lather Williams.

If you still have a Williams pucks, use it like a shave stick (like an Arko stick) and face lather. I totally failed when first trying to bowl lather Williams.

Unfortunately I binned it and just ended up tossing it in the trash. I should have kept it. Oddly enough face lathering was not a way I tried it.

If I have to go through that much trouble to make it work for me........I don’t need to hassle. I’m not a face lathering fan, that’s why I have a tub of Arko and not the stick.

Like I mentioned to those that can get it to work for them, right on!

My first use of williams today. I found it to bed a very nice soap. After blooming the soap for a few minutes the brush loaded easily with more than enough soap for 3 passes and touch ups. The scent was pleasant and the performance adequate. Im happy to have it.

My experience was that of hand soap. Tough for me to lather
My only success w Williams was after I grated the puck and pressed the shavings into a tin. Then bloomed it and got an ok but not great lather.

I wish i could get a better lather out of it. I like the smell.

My only success w Williams was after I grated the puck and pressed the shavings into a tin. Then bloomed it and got an ok but not great lather.

I wish i could get a better lather out of it. I like the smell.

I grated some Williams one-half, with the other half of Arko. Mixed up the two and pressed them into an empty container. This combo whips up a great lather for me.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Walgreens online carries it even if your local store doesn't. You can order it and have it shipped to the store for free.

I always thought the performance of Williams Soap was ok, but it always left a definite soapy residue in the sink afterward, more than other shaving soaps. I did not like that feature.

I find all soaps that do not contain SLS leave a residue in the sink. In your pipes as well. It will clog things up after awhile.

Top Bottom