What's new

Will using a shavette improve my SR technique?

I don't quite agree that a shavette cannot be held flat (or approaching flat) when shaving. One can use standard size Professional blades in their Feather DX for one experience or a Super Pro blade for more exposure and a shallower angle. The ~$20 half DE blade shavette found at Maggards and other places is wedge shaped and can be used at a very shallow angle. When shaving below the jawline, the concave shape of the neck combined with the wedge shape of this razor makes it easy to get consistent results when laying flat.

I believe most men find the flatter part of their faces such as their cheeks or lower side burns to be the easier parts to shave. So I don't think the blade angle is the biggest challenge. Rather it is the rapid change in terrain (radius), thicker beard, swirling beard growth pattern, and/or more sensitive skin which makes these other areas more challenging to shave.

I use a shavette as travel razor, since recently. Had no issue having SR shaved for a couple of years, assume there must be some transfer of skill between the two.

Top Bottom