What's new

Wife's blasé reaction to lost razor

There is no reason to buy another razor if the culprit is never found. You'll just end up with a serial razor-stealer in your house.

Try "If someone broke it, I'm OK with that".

It can be frustrating to not be able to find something when you know where it should be, & that someone must have used it/moved it. But it's just "stuff". Value the relationships. Do you want to win the argument at the expense of the relationship? People are what matters, not stuff.

Ouch

I was going to suggest some petty but humorous prank to help her laugh and understand your frustration at the same time. Then I read the rest of this thread.

I am going to go hug my wife now.

Thank you all for helping ground me back in reality, and I am sorry that it takes heartache and loss to remind me that my default gotcha humor isn't always appropriate.

It can be frustrating to not be able to find something when you know where it should be, & that someone must have used it/moved it. But it's just "stuff". Value the relationships. Do you want to win the argument at the expense of the relationship? People are what matters, not stuff.
I have a friend who was always good with a turn of the phrase and he said, "we have a tendency to love stuff and use people, when we really should love people and use stuff."

Thank you for the kind words. In addition to the shaving specific knowledge there is such a wealth of life experience and camaraderie in these forums. I am fortunate to have found B&B.

ADC31C67-7F3C-467A-9170-27D112E391D2.jpeg
Read it, live it, love her...

When I got married I asked my Father for advice as he at that point had been married for almost 50 years. He looked at me smiled and said “You can be happy or you can be right, you can’t be both”...”pick your battles and never let her go to bed angry”...he was right.

Last edited:
View attachment 919512 Read it, live it, love her...

When I got married I asked my Father for advice as he at that point had been married for almost 50 years. He looked at me smiled and said “You can be happy or you can be right, you can’t be both”...”pick your battles and never let her go to bed angry”...he was right.
right is overrated

Instead of getting upset, take some time to imagine what it would be like without your wife
:c18: Hmmmm sitting on the beach in the Philippines sipping my mango shake watching the sun go down..... POP! Of course you're correct, what was I thinking?
proxy.php

The lost razor that prompted this thread turned up yesterday!
It was in a place that leads me to believe the child was playing with it.
Fortunately, it had a Harry's hinged cap on it. He could have given himself a slice even though it's a cart.

Top Bottom