What's new

Why no length mentioned?

Why is it that razors are always specified by width, with rarely any mention of blade length?

It seems to me that there would be considerable desire for a personal preference in regards to length as well as width.

Any thoughts?

Because there's hardly any variance in length. There are a few exceptions, but almost all straights have a blade length of about 7-7.5 cm.

Hey Joel, I just wanted to say "Thank you very much" for all the info, time & effort you put into your interactive guide to straight shaving. It has been hugely helpful in getting me started, and de-mystifying alot of things that seem to be arcane knowledge, but once clearly explained are rather straight forward.

Hey Joel, I just wanted to say "Thank you very much" for all the info, time & effort you put into your interactive guide to straight shaving. It has been hugely helpful in getting me started, and de-mystifying alot of things that seem to be arcane knowledge, but once clearly explained are rather straight forward.

Glad I could help! :smile:

Some men don't need "long" razors. We are perfectly happy with what we have.:biggrin:

I have been waiting on the side lines to see when the first joke would come up

Same here, your guides and replies to my posts have been invaluable! My skin is indebted to you. *tips hat*:smile:

Top Bottom