What's new

Who were your Mentors?

Who deserves recognition for helping you improve your shave? I think it would be nice to mention here some members who have helped you learn and get better at the art of shaving well.

I'd like to thank Larry at the Whipped Dog and also Sejanus for setting me up with some advice and some sweet blades.

This is easy for me...

Some may remember Ralfy from the U.K., known as tat2ralfy on the boards. He helped me a fair amount. But, my true Mentor ... The guy without who's help I would still be nowhere. The gent who hit me with new ideas and things to try constantly, who got me on the stones and trying new things on a daily basis, and a real gentleman who truly cares and has a desire to help everyone ....

Gary Haywood.

I'd put Gary and his skills up against anyone at any time!!

Denny Kelly, a Master in his own right, also pushed me along later on... These guys are the "Best of the Best!"

Lets see...
Captaincaveman for introducing me to hair-shapers (waaaay back in my lurker days)
Marco for his superlative lathering tutorial. I was almost ready to give up on soaps when I saw that.
The Vez for starting the SABRE thread and letting me know I'm not a freak for liking them. :thumbup:

That's easy, Luvmysuper, Ouch, Mr Scuffy , ProfessorChoas and that guy in Fl. Paco. HO! lets not forget Hooiser Trooper.

Kyle, Scotto, johnniegold, professorchaos, goosemeplease (Jim), Antique Hoosier, Suzuki, scoopster, Letterk, joel, ouch, guenron, castlecraver ... I am sure I am forgetting a bunch of others ....

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I'd have to say that I've probably learned something from just about everyone here, especially when it comes to honing.

Shaving it was without a doubt Chimensch-best shaving vid on the web.

Gamma for introducing me to JNATs

Obiwan for the enabling

There's no way I'm going to try to remember the names of all the members who went out of their way to help me. Dozens of guys have given great advise in their regular posting and many contacted me personally to give me just what I needed to get to the next step with restoring, honing, shaving, you name it. I appreciate very much all the members here who share their knowledge freely. I am in your debt.

Ronnie

I'd say just about everyone. The history and library of information here is amazing.

Obiwan for the enabling

Ha. You're about the last person who needs help in the enabling department. You're a world class pro my friend.

So many members here are offer advice and tips based on their experience and knowledge that are of benefit to all who have access to them. I have and will continue to learn much about all facets related to wet shaving through opinions expressed by members of this forum. In keeping with the idea behind this thread I will single out Oakeshott as a mentor, thanks Mark for all your help and advice along the way.

Top Bottom