What's new

White Coffee??? No thanks

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I thought "white coffee" was a British term for coffee with milk or cream.

My Dad tells the story of him as a tourist in 1960's London, wandering into a coffee shop and asking for a cup of coffee. "White or black?" asks the waitress, holding a pot of coffee in one hand and a jug of cream in the other. Liking a dash of cream in his coffee, my Dad answered "white" ... and got a simultaneous 50/50 pour of coffee and cream into his mug.

He did not enjoy.

White Coffee has up 50% more caffeine than fully roasted coffee.

Then maybe I DO consume white coffee after all ... albeit in the pre-ground, whole-bean format:

proxy.php

Yesterday I accidentally made Moka pot of Bustelo, forgetting to put in any coffee. That's what I think of "white" coffee.

Yesterday I accidentally made Moka pot of Bustelo, forgetting to put in any coffee. That's what I think of "white" coffee.

Funny, but is what happened today. I am up before my wife and my usual routine is to grind the coffee and then wait for a few minutes for the static electricity to dissipate before putting the ground coffee in the coffee maker. I fill the coffee maker with water and then let the dog outside. Today my wife got up much earlier than usual and when I was out she flipped the coffee maker on without adding the coffee that was in the grinder. We had a few laughs and then I made the coffee.

Then maybe I DO consume white coffee after all ... albeit in the pre-ground, whole-bean format:

proxy.php
I too am a fan of dehydrated, odorless, and tasteless "coffee." :biggrin1:

I just try to avoid telling people because they always give me these strange looks, as if I'm a meth addict or something. :letterk1: Hypocrites, all of them! They are drinking the same drug I am, just with more calories (and probably a higher price tag too).

Top Bottom