What's new

Whipped Dog vs. Stirling

If I get any more impatient for the Stirling to be available again I might consider the Whipped Dog. In any case this will be my first synthetic (it's not like I don't have any other brushes :thumbup1:) so I'm just wanting some opinions here. Wait for the Stirling or get the WD? I guess it boils down to how much difference there is between them?

Stirling Kong vs. Whipped Dog - go to it! :a3:

I have both, and I like both. If I was forced to pick one, I would pick the Stirling. It's a bit bigger and a bit better for a face latherer like me. I'm looking to buy a 30 mm whipped dog synthetic when it's available again. The bigger Whipped Dog might become my new favorite.

Two great and pretty inexpensive brushes. Buy the WD today. You won't be disappointed. In a month or two when the stirling rolls around pick it up along with a puck of soap for Christmas. Win win.

Two great and pretty inexpensive brushes. Buy the WD today. You won't be disappointed. In a month or two when the stirling rolls around pick it up along with a puck of soap for Christmas. Win win.

+1 This. You can't go wrong with either. And it's never wrong to buy both! :thumbup:

Both are good, very good even. The WD 24mm is fantastic, the 30mm has a lot of backbone (a bit too much for my liking), the Stirling splays easier and feels softer and although it's a 26mm it feels at least as big as the WD 30mm on the face.

I've been using a Whipped Dog for several weeks and I think it is excellent. I bought it to be a travel brush but now it is my every day go-to brush.

Marty

Think I'll go with the 24mm Dog for now, rather than wait. Besides, 24mm is more than big enough for me.

Thanks, everyone, for your input! :thumbup1:

Did you look at the crown king brushes?

Yes, but as Stirling and WD seem to be getting most of the attention on forums lately, I thought I'd choose one of those for now. The Crown King brushes certainly have some more attractive handle finishes though. I'll probably get one sooner or later. Great thing about wet shaving addiction is there's always room for more stuff even though I already have enough for the rest of my life :001_rolle

You can't go wrong with either one..
The Sterling is larger a little softer and less backbone then the WD..

I don't have a WD but like my striling but you should look at crown king brushes I'm going to leave it at that.

You seem pretty enthusiastic about these brushes and you say you have a Stirling 26mm synth as well. I am wondering how the Crown King 26mm compares to the Stirling and also to the standard Plisson. Let me know if you can.

What did you land on for your daily driver?

I've been using the Lights brush since I posted my comparison. I'm still waiting on handles to try out the Sunrise and 24mm Fauxmere set to a lower loft. USPS seems to have misplaced the package. The Sunrise seems promising as well.

Top Bottom