What's new

Whipped Dog “Never Soak a Brush” Instructions

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Larry sent me a wicked cool brush yesterday wrapped in bubble wrap with a sticker that read “Never Soak a Brush” and had some instructions with it.

I don’t know where the wrapper went between my getting a big, butterscotch boar brush and me finding my readers, but I apparently tore the instructions into cosmic dust, threw them in a garbage barrel, burnt the barrel to cinders, and shipped the cinders to some uncharted isle in the South Specific.

Does anyone have instructions and would you please share? Thanks in advance.

Hoping it’s not actually advice against soaking a brush for 5-10 minutes before use or else this brush will have a little more scrub than anticipated.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Maybe it’s the list of instructions he gives on the site to prevent brush shedding:

Never immerse the handle; never use hot water; never press down when lathering; always rinse brush with cold water; occasionally use conditioner (but never tell Bruce…)

... but I apparently tore the instructions into cosmic dust, threw them in a garbage barrel, burnt the barrel to cinders, and shipped the cinders to some uncharted isle in the South Specific.
Well then, that certainly explains yesterday's rather odd delivery. Happy to ship your cinders back to you but, please be patient...
Return Mail.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Maybe it’s the list of instructions he gives on the site to prevent brush shedding:

Never immerse the handle; never use hot water; never press down when lathering; always rinse brush with cold water; occasionally use conditioner (but never tell Bruce…)

Dang! Hope I don’t get arrested for brush abuse.

I immerse the whole brush in the sink before every shave
I press down and splay the brush while loading and lathering
I rinse the brush with warm water, sometimes hot, but mostly warm
Can’t recall ever washing a brush

Maybe the “never immerse the handle” applies to wood handles?

Go ask Larry. It’s probably something like this: Caution: Never leave your shaving brush soaking in water or let it dry hair up, as this can lead to mildew and hair loss. Your shaving brush should also not be in contact with abrasive products or water over 45°C.

Or maybe it said "never lather 40y old soap that has been emersed in flood water". :facep:

Top Bottom