What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Sensor shave 12, and last, no irritation, but not as close as I prefer.

may be a foolish question, - how do you ID NOS carts? Lookin for Sensor and Atra--do you accept seller claims on the bay?
When i buy carts the packs need to be sealed, also if the carts are made in USA, Germany or UK with "old" style graphics/packaging then you can be pretty sure its NOS.

The only time ive accepted an open package is because it was part of a larger order where most of the packs were sealed and 2 were open but included all the original packaging (the glue had deteriorated)

I think @Sabre can give a clearer answer than me on these.

When i buy carts the packs need to be sealed, also if the carts are made in USA, Germany or UK with "old" style graphics/packaging then you can be pretty sure its NOS.

The only time ive accepted an open package is because it was part of a larger order where most of the packs were sealed and 2 were open but included all the original packaging (the glue had deteriorated)

I will have to find what the original graphics look like, than......thanks for heads up

This is it, also a lot of the products used obsolete brand names. Profile, Pivot, etc.
NOS Sensor will be harder as the handle only changed in the last few years.

I know Mach3 were heavily counterfeited, I have no idea about the Sensor. Trac II and Atra compatible carts are plentiful on eBay.
I just grabbed a load of Brazilian Super II's.

Contour/ Cien Twin (1)
EF419E45-2252-4731-94B5-F26E18CCB2F5.jpeg

The Cien Twin disposable heads from Lidl fit Contour and Trac II.
They’re made for Feintechnik by Lord in Egypt so they are very good blades indeed.
And ridiculously cheap: £0.75 for 12!!

Reed & Barton Sterling Silver Atra handle, NOS Schick Super II Slim (1)
This is the second cartridge from the same packet. The first one was very rough and tuggy and i had to throw it away after 3 shaves. This one is nice and smooth.

Reed & Barton Sterling Silver Atra handle, NOS Schick Super II Slim (1)
This is the second cartridge from the same packet. The first one was very rough and tuggy and i had to throw it away after 3 shaves. This one is nice and smooth.
That’s NOS for you!
I had an identical experience with NOS Contour blades.
Glad you’re second cart delivered the goods!
As we’ve discussed, NOS blades are a gamble but when they pay off they are very rewarding indeed.

Contour, If that is what the British gillette cart for Atra is called? with original Atra all metal handle. shave # 2 smooth comfortable BBS

I was in a hurry this morning, so it was a tried and true combo: Mach 3 (second shave on the cart) with C.O. Bigelow face-lathered using my badger. The usual DFS result.

Sensor Excel (1)

A real blast from my past, hadn't touched this old handle and set of cartridges this century. It was nice navigating it across my face, with its small cartridge base that gets into some tight contours of my face. The shave itself was solid, though not as close as what I had been getting from Mach 3 or my more efficient DE razors since.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Dorco Pace 7 and Bic Flex 5

One side each. Will reverse tomorrow. Today's results, a very little bit closer with the Flex 5. I do really like the Dorco as well, but there is more tug on the first pass than with the Bic Flex 5 or top of the line Schick or Fusions. I like the Dorco handle and it does feel a bit more solid overall, but I can't tell you how much I like the Flex 5 handle. It just fits like a glove and is the right weight in my opinion. It's lighter than the Dorco, not that the Dorco is heavy, but weight wise you could say the Dorco is excellent and the Bic is perfect. YMMV, of course.

I used Derby again. Darn fine soap.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Sensor Excel (1)

A real blast from my past, hadn't touched this old handle and set of cartridges this century. It was nice navigating it across my face, with its small cartridge base that gets into some tight contours of my face. The shave itself was solid, though not as close as what I had been getting from Mach 3 or my more efficient DE razors since.

I can remember my sensor from the 1990's. I remember it would deliver a good shave but at that time I shaved about once every three days and the sensor was not the razor for that. I can remember buying an electric to knock things down and then doing a followup with the Sensor. That worked well. Of course, back then, there was not real prep at all, I usually just smeared on gel, let it sit for at least 5 seconds and then got at it. Probably the only saving grace then was that I was much younger and had softer whiskers. Shaving like that today would not be any fun at all.

The sensor was my first non disposable cartridge razor i used when I started shaving. I really should get myself a handle and some carts to try . Thing is I’ve bought hundreds of Trac II and Atra carts . I dread to think of buying sensor carts too !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom