What's new

Where do I go from here?

Hi guys I know I will probably recieve quite a few different responses but here goes! I have been DE shaving for about 4 months now and I own a 38C and a barber pole slant. I think I want just one more razor to finish my razor collection but don't know which way to go! I would appreciate some suggestions and some pros and cons type info.

As you indicated, you will probably get almost as many different answers to your question as you get responses in total.

My vote . . . The 1912 (patent date) Gem or Ever Ready single edge razor. You can find them for very reasonable prices on Ebay any day, or you are liable to see them at any antique store or flea market for a very few dollars. What you won't find is a razor that shaves much better, once you get accustomed to the technique of using a single edge.

As far as DE's are concerned, before I was converted to a SE user, my rotation consisted of a New Gillette, a red tip Superspeed and a Pomco Diagonal (rebranded Merkur slant bar). I'd recommend any of these if you like a relatively aggressive razor. If you like something milder, get a Gillette Tech or a Star model 100. (The Tech is very easy to find.)

Regards,
Tom

You might think about adding a Schick/Eversharp injector to your collection. Very nice for touch-ups and for shaving around the nose/mouth area.

I'd recommend a 1948-50 Gillette SuperSpeed. I have many Gillettes, including a FatBoy, and the SuperSpeed still gives the closest, gentlest shaves.

Top Bottom