What's new

Where best to order ink from?

Hi, I'm new to the nib. Been into wet shaving about a year and decided to try out fountain pens. I ordered ink samples from gouletpens. I found a color I like but goulet is on delay atm. What's a good alternate site I can order ink from? I'm looking for diamine scribble purple thanks.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Good place for Diamine inks is Jetpens, last I ordered it was free shipping for orders over $25

Not entirely sure they are currently mailing stuff @Carmo

Jetpens, Amazon, Goulet and Birmingham Pens have all provided good service.

A quick google search of that exact color will yield any number of places who claim to have it in stock.

Yeah did the google search. Wanted to see what the more reputable sites are. I would of ordered at goulet but they have a delay on orders

I've successfully ordered from:

amazon
ebay
penheaven.co.uk

goulet has shut down

Due to COVID-19 we are now fully remote, and all orders placed will not ship until it is safe for our team to resume working in the building. This may last weeks or longer. We are now offering free USPS shipping on any $50+ order within the US as a thanks for your patience.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
If Lemur Ink has what you’re looking for, he’s good because his does free shipping at $20. His variety is rather limited, though. I guess he manages his margins by keeping inventory on the low side.

Jetpens is great at $25 free shipping, as mentioned. However their prices are often a few bucks higher, I guess to offset the shipping.

Pen Chalet does a lot of sales and discount codes. They ship free at $50.

For Diamine and Pelikan, check Cult Pens. That juice is cheap as dirt in the UK. Shipping to CONUS is 10 pounds as I recall (so like $13, give or take), so that could worth a bulk order. Free shipping to the US is at 100 pounds, so throwing a few bottles of Diamine in your cart is a no-brainer if you buy a pen from them.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
JetPens is also great but they're currently grounded .
I like Anderson Pens too .
Bummer. Jetpens is based in California, which is locked down pretty hard right now. Hope we get past this soon, with minimal loss of life and livelihood.

Yeah, I like Anderson too. $50 free shipping. Great selection of inks. Unlike most online retailers, they have Mont Blanc. Its a minor thing, but I like that Anderson's ink samples are a ml or two bigger than Goulet's - makes it easier to fill from those little test tubes.

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
JetPens are currently not shipping? I hadn't seen them announce that anywhere, I must have missed it. :(
You didn't miss a thing, there's no notice.
Just got an email from Antonia at JetPens, they are currently shipping ink and other items. @alohakid @tankerjohn

If you're not in a hurry, Seitz-Kreuznach always have great prices and selection -- my last two orders came from them.

Looks like Vanness is not shipping .
This from a March 19th email .

"While we are using caution and keeping our distance in the Little Rock community; We will be going live on social media each day for the next few weeks. Let us know what you would like to see. You can find us on IG as JustVanness and on Youtube as Vanness Pens."

You might want to double check with them re: online orders .
They shipped my online order a couple days after that email .

Received this email today from Vanness :
The front doors are locked; but we are working normal hours and continuing to ship orders. Vanness staff are taking precautions such as social distancing (not difficult since there are no more than 5 of us working at any time right now) and limiting social interactions outside of work.

Stay Healthy,
The Vanness Team

I've ordered multiple bottles of Noodler's off amazon.ca. The first two arrived leaking.

This one was the worst, completely destroyed the label. Ink seems fine, didn't loose much.

Amazon refunded full purchase price on both.

If ordering from a pen/ink store online, do they take extra precautions when shipping to ensure it arrives safe and leak free?

Any guesses as to which Noobler's it is? I'll give you a hint, it's in the Green family.

PXL_20220106_184804494.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
If ordering from a pen/ink store online, do they take extra precautions when shipping to ensure it arrives safe and leak free?
Usually.
If the company understands that (as shippers) they can be responsible financially for damages to any other mail that gets ruined in the proximity of a spill. I sometimes get taped on lids and double zip-lock bags as added precautions.

Top Bottom