What's new

When Opportunity Knocks . . .

Alabama has gone to a lottery system for a chance to buy limited releases of bourbon. I happened to secure a spot in the most recent lottery and was able to snag the following. I'm looking forward to trying them out. I've enjoyed Elijah Craig and so I’m excited to get the EC18. The Pappy 15 & 23 were gone but I picked up the 10 so I can give it a try. If you tried any of these, let me know how you like them.

thumbnail (13).jpg

You can, but the State has distribution control over it. They now allocate the more limited selections through a lottery system. You apply to receive a reserved spot in line and if selected you get to go in before the general public at the release to buy. You are limited on number of purchases but the more exclusive releases never make it to the general public for purchase.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
You can, but the State has distribution control over it. They now allocate the more limited selections through a lottery system. You apply to receive a reserved spot in line and if selected you get to go in before the general public at the release to buy. You are limited on number of purchases but the more exclusive releases never make it to the general public for purchase.
Ok that makes a bit more sense. It’s just their way to be fair with the limited stuff. There is something alluring about a limited release or commemorative bottle. The Jack Daniels distillery is in a dry county but they get away with selling bottles of JD because they are commemorative or collectible bottles. Looking at them all really does make you want to buy one. “I’ve got a special release 20th anniversary commemorative collectible glass jar filled with…..standard basic every day distilled Jack Daniels”. Haha. They sell their every day JD in the everyday bottle but with a special label on it and charge you $350 for a $60 bottle anywhere else.

I saw a raffle for new Pappy a day or two ago, but can't remember where. Not a bourbon fan so didn't bookmark it. Probably a KY site.

I had a bottle of Elijah Craig. It was rather good. I've limited my intake of anything high octane, as it is too easy for me to go overboard unless it is high enough quality to drink with just ice. I'd love to try Pappy, but it seems to be a rarity. I bet the 10 year old is still quite good.

Alabama has gone to a lottery system for a chance to buy limited releases of bourbon. I happened to secure a spot in the most recent lottery and was able to snag the following. I'm looking forward to trying them out. I've enjoyed Elijah Craig and so I’m excited to get the EC18. The Pappy 15 & 23 were gone but I picked up the 10 so I can give it a try. If you tried any of these, let me know how you like them.

View attachment 1376649
Good for you, brother!

Top Bottom