What's new

What's your work setup? *PICS*

I am very lucky to work in a department that allows me to bring my own coffee toys to work and brew at my desk. I am curious to see what setups people have at their jobs. Please post pics! :thumbup:

proxy.php

I don't have the necessary items with me at the moment for a picture, but mine consists of a kettle, with an Aeropress, scale, mug, and whatever I grind for the day in the morning at home. The coffee is usually at most a week off roast (roasted by myself).

Lucky, at my office they don't let us bring coffee pots, all we have is an Allterra which i only drink when i'm in serious need of caffeine.

I work at home (or where ever I am on the planet at any given moment).

Have access to all of my coffee toys :smile:

I have a cheapo MrCoffee "burr" grinder at work, in contrast to my Encore and Vario at home,

But I have access to most of my coffee gadgets as long as I bring them in...also there is a Bunn Commercial unit at the office, and currently a Bodum kettle, pour over cone, etc.

I'm considering bringing in my ZPM Nocturn when it finally is delivered from the Kickstarter project and my Encore just to have it.

Could be cool...we'll see if it's too distracting for me and my co-workers.

Have microwave, will boil water. The only bad thing is I pregrind coffee, usually enough for 2 days. It's a hard life, but then, it's called "work". :smile:

$2012-09-14_06-41-31_331.jpg

-jim

Taking a picture at work would get me fired. I do, however, have 21 different teas, two teapots, a glass/strainer teapot, chasen/chawan, empty teabags (so others can enjoy my loose-leafs), teaballs, tea candies, and an Excalibur letter opener (aka my puerh tea pick). All told it occupies almost half a desk.

I used to have just a small Mr. Coffee until I discovered the Nespresso system.

Attachments

• $DSC03045.jpg
    $DSC03045.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 291
$catalina-coffee.jpg

I don't get up early enough to make it myself and I won't touch the pots of burnt stuff or the K cup machines at work.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
A collection of yixing pots, a gaiwan, loose tea (oolong, lapsang souchong, green, yellow and white) and pu-erh ... more pu-erh off-camera.

Attachments

• $DSC03145.jpg
    $DSC03145.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 191
  • $DSC03146.jpg
    $DSC03146.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 189
  • $DSC03147.jpg
    $DSC03147.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 188
  • $DSC03148.jpg
    $DSC03148.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 190
Technivorm Moccamaster w/ thermal carafe
Capresso Infinity burr grinder
Coffee by Metropolis, Chicago's finest micro-roaster
Mug by Marimekko

$coffee.jpg

I guess I have it pretty good.

I get up every morning at 0500 and grind my own beans in a cheap, manual grinder. Brews while I shower and whip up lather/shave with a 59 Fatboy.

Usually get the perfect pour and carry a very large travel mug to work with me. I drive a patrol car all day and one of the stop and robs in my zone has a New England Coffee set up. Very large Bunn grinder and large urns for the java.

The 70+ year old ladies that work there I consider close friends and I help them out with their brewing chores. So I hang out there when not running calls and make sure the coffee is fresh and ready.

We used to have a Hispanic guy that wore a large cowboy hat and drove a four wheel drive pickup. He was from Texas and once he tried my coffee he would specifically ask if I had brewed it that morning. I have a few tricks that I do to make it great and he would refuse to buy any if I had not brewed it.

So my average work day has several good cups of fresh ground/brewed coffee in it. Luckier than most, I guess.

Regards.

I finally got around to taking a photo of my work set up... that's me in the reflection.
The Aroma hot water maker can bring two cups to a hearty boil in 68 seconds! AWESOME!!!
The cup contains organic Lapsang Souchong, half & half and a pack of stevia. I love the smell of Lapsang Souchong in the morning - smells like DFT!!!

$photo.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom