What's new

What's Your Therapy?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Actually walking in the woods is work, so. I just go and hang.

full

AA

Awesome thread! I have a few things. Smoking a cigar, listening to music and taking a ride in my Mustang on a day when I can have the top down.

Writing code (which is good because I get paid to do it), driving long distance while listening to Sermons, sitting on the deck listening to the woods around me.

"Therapy" is an open-ended question. What I do for relaxation varies from reading/watching SF (like the aforementioned Red Dwarf) to writing to music to just meditation. Thinking about getting into the recorder again - nice, simple, and relaxing. I think everyone would rather it be that than the bag pipes.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Amen!
I don’t know if I could survive without Grapefruit Pie!

I just picked a sack full of guavas and also passion fruit.
The birds get all of my figs when I’m not here to pick them.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Garlic flavor peanuts?
@martym

Oh, yes. From the Asian grocery store! Freaking delicious, and a great way to pass the time ... In a hammock, in the woods ... Somewhere near the sea.

Farmer Peanuts

The Nan Ru are even better! Soybean paste flavor of some sort.

There is a serious bear risk in those woods... And I bring the peanuts anyways.

In a worst case, think I'd toss them to the bear and back off ... not run, no.

AA

Hi,

It's fine. It will be OK. Things change in life and it's often hard to let go of the past. But we are often better off for letting go and letting others enjoy what we built. Look to the future, not the past.

I have several things I tend to do when I need to relax and let it go.

First, spending time in the field hunting with my dogs. If it isn't hunting season, just getting out on the training field to watch them work. I enjoy the movement and the happiness they have when working.

I also enjoy going into my small home shop and building model engines. My last build was a barstock flamelicker engine. I have a small lathe, mill, drill press, and saw in my shop. Unfortunately, I'm currently 300 miles away from shop. And need to plan on how I'm going to get it all moved up here with me.

We're up at the cabin in the great white north on the lake. ON the Appalachia trail (NOT near ON the trail.... runs past our 500' of frontage, 25 feet from our front door). 3 acres on a lake.

No neighbors.

No sound

No lights at night other than the stars.

Came up to list and sell :(

Talked to a realtor just this morning. Found out he was a hiker (his hobby) hikes every week(end). Says he would pass our cabin next week with a group of hikers going to Mt. Manadnok.

Getting too old to "fire it up" after 34 years. Had to twist the arm of a friend to get the shutters off yesterday.

We built this "camp" to be 4 seasons (full year occupancy). 3 structures here. I wanted to end my life here.

It's been a great ride. hate to see it go. I designed and supervised the construction of everything. it is my baby. I first came to New Hampshire 45 years ago with a fraternity brother when. I was in college in the 70s

It is hard (VERY HARD) to let it pass from my life.

The end of a way of life as I have known it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry to burden B&B with this :(

It is hard for me to accept.

I first came to New Hampshire 45 years ago with a fraternity brother I fell in love with this part of this country and never left.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I first came to New Hampshire 45 years ago with a fraternity brother I fell in love with this part of this country and never left.
Today has been a hard day. Feeling every one of my years. Had every intention of hiking in my little piece of heaven today, but my lungs said "not today, Dave." Will shoot for tomorrow. (Sorry to be a Debby Downer there Mick. Don't know what possessed me.) I'm blessed, but not been real happy embracing the changes that He has been blessing me with. Forgive me, please.

Top Bottom