What's new

What's Your Preferred Blade?

For me the blades I really like (in no particular order) are the Nacets, the Gillette Perma-Sharps, the Silver Stars and the Wilkinson Sword blades.

In fact, at a later date I am going to have a purge of my blade collection and dispense of the blades I really don't like. Further details will be posted on here at a later date as I have some other brands I haven't tried yet.

Jason.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Sharp Titanium
Timor SS
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum
Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Gillette Silver Blue

There are a number of honorable mentions:
Astra SS
Shark Platinum
Lord Silver Star

Sharp Titanium
Timor SS
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum
Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Gillette Silver Blue

There are a number of honorable mentions:
Astra SS
Shark Platinum
Lord Silver Star
Ah you mentioned the Astra Stainless, a very fine blade indeed. Just used one for its 10th shave. It’s still cutting nicely.

Blades are very individual. It is hard to recommend one - what works for one person is terrible for the next.

I find I don't much like the platinum coated blades much, although the Personna Platinum Chrome is an exception. They seem to be much duller. My favorite is Voskhod. As my technique improves I find I like sharper blades better than when I first started, in particular Treet Classic and Falcon (carbon steel).

Astra (both SP and SS) is the most overrated blade I've used. Neither very efficient nor very comfortable.

I really like Wilkinson Sword from Germany, but am trying Parker Platinums. Looking to buy a 100 blades, will wait to make decision.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I personally have settled in the gsb blades that have been mentioned a few times here, and have gone through a sleeve of 100 and am starting in another. I recently tried a Nacet blade and really liked it, though I need to give it a few more tries, and was pif'd a pack of Polsilvers that were highly recommended.

I really like Wilkinson Sword from Germany, but am trying Parker Platinums. Looking to buy a 100 blades, will wait to make decision.
Picked up 5 tucks at Woodmans for $1.19 /tuck..great blade!!
20211227_115359.jpg

Top Bottom