What's new

What's Your Favorite Vintage Razor?

Currently my slim adjustable, but there are so many good ones it's tough to say definitively.

Been around with a number of razors.

Fave is a Liebel

If someone made a new version of this razor I would be all over one

I sure would like to give one of these a shot, too.

Interesting design, I like it. Looks heavy. Is it hollow?

Solid brass head

hollow handle

2 piece

It is on the heavy side

proxy.php

I'm really enjoying my Gillette NEW long comb. I've had it about 6 weeks now and it has been heavily in my razor rotation of late.
That is possibly Gillette's best razor. I have a common bar handled LC and a ball handle LC like the one in your photo and much prefer the ball end handle. The tiny bit of extra weight provided by the solid brass ball improves the balance point and keeps the razor from feeling like it's going to flop forward head first into the sink. I also like being able to let the razor hang upside down for ATG upward passes and the ball end provides a positive stop between the thumb and fingers. Common Bar handles and Fat Tech handles always feel like they're going to slip through because there's nothing to hang onto at the end of the handle length. And ball end handles (including the smaller solid ball-end handles on Techs) always look so "Victorian" and classy to me.

Great video. The Rolls is a razor I've been wanting to try for a little while now. It's tough finding the strops to go with it and a good original blade as well. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs, let me know :001_cool:.
My favorite vintage razor has to be the Gillette 1948-1950 Aristocrat. To me the razor is a real beauty and it shaves like a dream. After that would probably be the Gillette 1934 black and reds and the Gillette single rings just because of their amazing lines

Send me a PM, I think I have one still in its box.

@MensSoapCo I never restored it. I got it that way from a Bulgarian vendor in a last second auction scoop for about the price of 300 razor blades with shipping... (since $$$ talk is frowned upon in forums) It came in a original case, but without the blade safe. A little research showed it to be a "Gillette Federal" set from about 1929-ish. I've always wondered it's previous life before I got it. Like where it has been and who owned it etc.

Top Bottom