What's new

What's Your Favorite Part of Shaving?

For me, it's applying the lather to my face when I bowl-lather or creating lather on my face when I face-lather. I swear I could keep the brush moving around my face for an hour and not get tired of the feeling.

So what's your favorite step?

The very moment the lather explodes whilst face lathering. It all comes together: brush, soap, water and (lather) technique!

Some time ago, there was a poll with this question. I think that lathering won by a significant margin. It's certainly my favorite part of shaving.

My favorite part of wet shaving is the inner peace it gives me. No matter how stressful some days can be, there is something profoundly soothing about the entire ritual of prepping, lathering, shaving and cleaning up.

I like going back to a simpler time and not rushing. I don't time the shave from start to finish but I estimate 15-20 minutes.

Getting into the ritual, zen, and zone. I like that I set apart sacred shaving time in which, when it works, though the IRS may be calling, the baby bawling, the sky falling those things fall out of sight and out of mind as I am transported into the zone of imagination, concentration, focus, delight, which helps t-up a better day (and night).

Top Bottom