What's new

What's the one "manly" thing you don't know how to do?

Concrete is three parts sand one part cement. Thats the basic mix, aggregate is added based on the use.
Most jobs you can just order the mix and have it delivered.

What project are you contemplating?

Concrete is three parts sand one part cement. Thats the basic mix, aggregate is added based on the use.
Most jobs you can just order the mix and have it delivered.

What project are you contemplating?

Thanks for the help Jim. I wasn't seeking for advice just some admissions.

Boy some of you guys are very good natured, makes me feel embarrased to be here. Next thing ya know I'll have Jimbo over mixing cement for me new garage while I'm snoring away at 12 o'clock midday?

BTW Jimmy, you got any "manly" things you don't know how to do?

Thanks anyways,

Last edited:
I haven't learned how to change my car's oil or field dress a deer. The first one is a little more important than the second. But, those are two manly tasks. I've lived in an apartment since I've been driving, but when I get a hose, I'd like to be able to change my oil.

Here's a biggie for ya. I can't really drive a straight shift at all. I used to do OK when I was learning to drive decades and decades (and decades) ago. But now I can't get into first gear from a complete stop to save my life.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I haven't learned how to change my car's oil or field dress a deer. The first one is a little more important than the second. But, those are two manly tasks. I've lived in an apartment since I've been driving, but when I get a hose, I'd like to be able to change my oil.

:lol::lol::lol:Can't you get a hose even if you live in an apartment? Anyway, just drain it directly into a pan, you don't really need a hose.:lol::lol::lol:

The ONE manly thing I don't know how to do? I wish it was only one! I guess the main thing is that I was never much of an outdoors man, and that covers a lot of manly stuff.

Last edited:
I can't whistle or swim. Come to think of it, I don't really equate either with manliness. Why whistle when you can grunt? Why swim when you can punch?

Top Bottom