What's new

What's in YOUR Mug? ~ June 2009

Working on my "mod blend" for an upcoming event. Not bad for a start, but needs a bit of work on the top notes. Dynamite when hot, but I am also looking for a more complex network of flavors as the cup cools. I have time for a couple of more iterations before the big event.

I'm a bit behind, here. :redface:

Stale coffee, and it sat while I went to get the camera. But it was still nice. (today)

This one was from a couple of days ago. I don't care for how the artificial light makes it look washed out and flavorless. It was very flavorful, actually. IMV <3

A 50/50 mix of Sulawesi Torajaland and Brazil Carmo de Minas - Fazenda do Serrado

proxy.php

Around 1530... :rolleyes: yeah... some are "leftovers"
25% Brazil Ipanema "Tree DP"
25% Guatemala Oriente DP
25% Sumatra Takengon Classic
25% Uganda Organic Bugisu

Last edited:
Rwanda CoE "Bucafe Nyarusiza" at C+
This is my favorite of the two lots that were available. Sadly, its no longer available. This is one sweet bean!

"Mod Blend" version 4. This is starting to taste very nice indeed. Very complex and sweet. I think I have another couple of iterations to fine tune things before it is ready.

Half 'n Half, with Half 'n Half
proxy.php

proxy.php

I've been reading a Sweet Maria's monograph on "Blending". Here's today's experiment:
  • Yemen 25&#37;, Sulawesi Toraja 75%: By far the best Mokha-Java blend, the Mattari is a great coffee to use almost as
    a spice... it is so powerful that straight roasts of it can be a little "too much" for me. The Sulawesi provides a syrupy body
    and deep tones, the Yemen just sits atop that and adds berry-like fruitiness and intense aromatics.
Although I've got some Yemen Mokha Mattari, they're as-yet unroasted green beans, so I'm going with Yemen Mokha Sana'ani.

proxy.php

Dunno... I'm not getting any chocolate... "We need more cowbell, here!" errr... "chocolate" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom