What's new

What's for breakfast?

Today I had some Quaker Instant 'Maple and Brown Sugar' oatmeal. Before I poured the hot water on top, I poured in some Grade A pure maple syrup (about a tablespoon) that I buy from a local guy that is awesome. He makes it from the maple trees on his land. It adds a nice flavor to it. And I had a banana on the side to go with it. Coffee was "Seattle's Best" (Level 3, balanced) brewed in a Kitchen Aid drip machine.

I've had oatmeal for the last week and haven't tired of it yet. I haven't had oatmeal in years, so it's a nice change of pace. My regular breakfast rotation is English Muffins with Marmite and a bit of butter, Honey Nut Cheerios, or toast and a piece of fruit. I will probably go back to English Muffins and Marmite and butter tomorrow, but the oatmeal will make the rotation.

I am kinda missing the Pacific Northwest and west in general where there are still mom and pop diners where you can go for a manly breakfast of bacon/sausage, eggs, and hash browns with a bottomless cup of good coffee served by sassy and cute waitresses in those waitress uniforms with the short dress/skirt. And these places always had great biscuits and gravy. I haven't been able to find a mom and pop type diner that knows how to make decent biscuits and gravy -- up here in the Midwest/Northeast.

Last edited:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
The usual. Three pieces of bacon, four eggs scrambled with mushrooms, red onion, and a handful of spinach. This morning just happened to be my the first time I sampled the bacon I dry cured and smoked myself. It's a winner.

I pulled an Americano from my Saeco, using Kimbo beans (decidedly a better bean for espresso than Americano), loaded it in my travel mug, and then walked out forgetting to bring my yogurt with me. Now I have to dig through my drawers to see if I have any instant oatmeal left in my stash. I have a feeling that there's a packet of peaches and cream flavoured oatmeal that no one has been desperate enough to pilfer. But boy could I go for either a manly bacon and egg greasy spoon breakfast or even a blueberry coffee cake.

I pulled an Americano from my Saeco, using Kimbo beans (decidedly a better bean for espresso than Americano), loaded it in my travel mug, and then walked out forgetting to bring my yogurt with me. Now I have to dig through my drawers to see if I have any instant oatmeal left in my stash. I have a feeling that there's a packet of peaches and cream flavoured oatmeal that no one has been desperate enough to pilfer. But boy could I go for either a manly bacon and egg greasy spoon breakfast or even a blueberry coffee cake.

I've driven across Canada several times on business, and there are some old fashioned diners out west there too -- in British Columbia and Alberta -- where you can get a hearty lumberjack style breakfast. And the waitresses are just as cute as the American ones.

The usual. Three pieces of bacon, four eggs scrambled with mushrooms, red onion, and a handful of spinach. This morning just happened to be my the first time I sampled the bacon I dry cured and smoked myself. It's a winner.

I'm only an hour away from you. Can I put in an application to be your friend? :biggrin1:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Today, the Mrs and I had 'Over-Medium' Eggs (3ea), 3 slices of thick bacon, cheese grits and coffee. :thumbsup:
proxy.php
"The present was an egg laid by the past that had the future inside its shell". Zora Neale Hurston

Oatmeal, with cinnamon and a local Ohio honey. Eight 'O Clock fresh ground coffee in a French press.

I'm a hot cereal guy, so I have a selection besides oatmeal. I keep Cream of Wheat, Maltomeal, A bran cereal, and a few others besides.

strop

Now half as wise
I'm pretty boring. Pretty much the same every morning. Oatmeal, either rolled or steel cut, put into the crockpot at bedtime on low. In the morning, top with some dried cranberries and chopped pecans.

My morning ritual lately is 4 eggs (scrambled in the microwave and left really runny) with picante thrown in. A fruit smoothy consisting of frozen bananas, strawberries or blackberries, Greek yogurt, and milk.

Since I've moved to Oregon, I've got access to farm fresh eggs. This morning, three scrambled (the proper way) with a slice of toast. Got to get some more pork! Tomorrow, probably over easy, served in a bell pepper ring.

Randy

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Not sure yet (I worked very late last night, just getting up) but I think it will include grits. I think I will have corn beef hash and eggs, too, as I have been craving hash.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Today, the Mrs and I had Poached Eggs (2ea), with home-made Béarnaise sauce w/ Canadian Bacon and apple juice. :thumbsup:
proxy.php
"The present was an egg laid by the past that had the future inside its shell". Zora Neale Hurston

It's Sunday...so Heuvos Rancheros!!

Scrambled Eggs on top of a fried tortilla shell, Chorizo sausage, black beans, onions, peppers..then topped with melted cheese, salsa, sour cream & diced green peppers. Last but not least...Jalapenos!!

Most every other day of the week is a bowl of 4 eggs (2 complete, 2 white) with grits = breakfast of champions!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It's Sunday...so Heuvos Rancheros!!

Scrambled Eggs on top of a fried tortilla shell, Chorizo sausage, black beans, onions, peppers..then topped with melted cheese, salsa, sour cream & diced green peppers. Last but not least...Jalapenos!!

Most every other day of the week is a bowl of 4 eggs (2 complete, 2 white) with grits = breakfast of champions!
Haven't had huevos rancheros in some time. I need to rectify that soon.

3 egg bacon-tomato-Neal's Yard cheddar omelet with a couple of pieces of toast from home made sandwich bread.

I'm out of home cured bacon, so I tried some Boar's Head for the first time, which left me somewhat unimpressed.

Top Bottom