What's new

What's everyone's next pen going to be?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I would like to own a Nakaya like a Small Sword/ Gin Itomaki or any Dragon, really any Nakaya would be amazing to own. In reality I would like a Platinum Curidas, it would be perfect for me at work where I would use it the most.

You night want to try and handle one first (if possible), before buying higher value pens. I have never tried one, or a Pilot Capless, but I think having a clip at the "wrong end" would drive me absolutely scatty.

Although I do seem to be quite particular (easily irritated) with pen ergonomics, and am averse to many popular pens for that reason (for example, anything with triangular or threaded sections, or pronounced steps). Thankfully I discovered what I like and dislike on cheapo pens, which has saved me from expensive purchasing regrets.

You night want to try and handle one first (if possible), before buying higher value pens. I have never tried one, or a Pilot Capless, but I think having a clip at the "wrong end" would drive me absolutely scatty.

Although I do seem to be quite particular (easily irritated) with pen ergonomics, and am averse to many popular pens for that reason (for example, anything with triangular or threaded sections, or pronounced steps). Thankfully I discovered what I like and dislike on cheapo pens, which has saved me from expensive purchasing regrets.

I thought about that and have held pens with the clips as they would be on something like the Curidas. It is not uncomfortable to me and I think It may also help with keeping my hand from fidgeting the pen around, I tend to rotate ball points around in my hand. I also like heavier pens and have read pens like the Curidas and Vanishing Points are heavy, at least most models.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
It may also help with keeping my hand from fidgeting the pen around, I tend to rotate ball points around in my hand.

Yeah, my grip "fidgets" too, even on fountain pens, which is why I mentioned it. I seem to grip a pen differently, depending on where I am on the page, so "obstacles" and flat spots feel all wrong to me. However, many people, like yourself, do find that it helps set and maintain grip position.

I wanted another fine nib pen with a slip cap. I like my Pelikan M30, but, I’m waiting until after I move next month for repair. I got it cheap so it doesn’t hurt as much. Seeing as I have 2 Parker 51’s and 2 45’s. I wanted something different. After a little hunting I found a Lamy 2000 for $134, that seemed like a good deal. This will be my first modern pen, outside the cartridge fillers I had in the army in the 90’s. I’m looking forward to it. I also ordered 30 ml of Diamine Mediterranean Blue. In my cart waiting are Waterman Serenity Blue and Diamine Royal Blue. Those can wait.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Three new Parker fountain pens on the way, for £29 delivered. :clap:

The Parker IM is rapidly becoming a favourite of mine, and I found a couple more on sale. One for £13 (reduced from £34), and one for £16 (reduced from £40). However, they were also throwing in a Kensington Red Jotter fountain pen on orders over £20. Free delivery too. :biggrin1:

Parker 51, aerometric, accountant fine or extra fine. I need to sell off my Parker 75 set I received. Never warmed up to it.

I've got a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with a #10 FA nib and a Pilot 743 with a #15 FA nib, on the way, both in black, as well as a Karas Kustoms Satin Blue Decograph Executive model with a Fine titanium nib, and also a Man Jong (formerly Moonman) red copy of the Pilot vanishing nib in fine (only nib style they make it in) incoming. They should all land within the next week or so.

Montblanc 220
59EE0C7E-F877-448E-9C3C-10F63A8BBC95.jpeg

I have been waiting till after my move to get one of these. I just ordered this one. I don’t know what size the nib is. EF or F I guess.

So much like the Lamy 2000. Which came first? I know they were both in production during the late 60s.
This is what interested me initially. I read a review that compared them. The writer found the Lamy 2000 the hardier pen. The Montblanc had quirks, but, was a pleasant writer.

I have my eye on a Waterman Phileas

When production stopped I bought a couple of Phileas and sold them when the prides became silly, i.e. 3 times purchase price. With respect, there are better made Watermans than the Phileas, if you like the brand you may be better served with another model.

Just ordered a Pilot Custom 823 in Amber with a ”M” nib!

Tom
Tom, how do you like the Custom 823? I actually ordered one (M) a few weeks ago from a Japanese vendor, it’s been in transit forever! Im really excited for it though, I hope it’s just as nice in person as the photos.

Top Bottom