What's new

What would you do if you were the owner/GM?

Hope everyone is having a goodnight. I just heard that my baseball team (colorado rockies) are interested in trading Todd Helton. Now this really got my upset (of course you cant believe all the rumors you here) but it got me thinking. What would YOU do if you were the owner/GM of your fav team? It can be any sport or even more than one.

For example, Jason Jennings would not have been traded in the first place. He had one of the best ERA's at Coors Field even if it was slightly high by baseball standards, but its going to be that way here in Denver. Todd Helton is the heart and soul of the team, you cant part with that, espically when he never complains (at least openly) about the team, even though he deserves to be on a winning team. I would spend more money on bullpen help. Last year we had good outings from our starters for most of the season, the bullpen is what seemed week. I feel that the offensive "power" will be there with most of the players we have now, plus playing in Coors Field.

Okay.....your turn. Anyone else what to take control of their team?

This is an easy question for a Cowboys fan. If I were the owner, the perfect change would be made. Jerry Jones would be gone. And then, I'd let the coach do his job. Something that really hasn't happened since Jimmy Johnson left the team.

Randy

M

modern man

This is an easy question for a Cowboys fan. If I were the owner, the perfect change would be made. Jerry Jones would be gone. And then, I'd let the coach do his job. Something that really hasn't happened since Jimmy Johnson left the team.

Randy

Bears fans say the same about Da Coach!

BTW Randy..............GO EAGLES!!!!!

Bears fans say the same about Da Coach!

BTW Randy..............GO EAGLES!!!!!

With a little luck, T.O. gets on the wrong bus home..."GO WITH THE EAGLES"!

BTW, I am a bit of a Bears fan. Remember Maury Buford, the punter when they won the Super Bowl. He and a few other family members used to sign my school year books! Long time friend.

Randy

M

modern man

I remember Maury Buford I was only 7 or 8 but it was a great superbowl!

NO-NO we got rid of that mess, he is your problem now! :lol:

Being a die hard Knickerbocker fan ( I remember when Phil Jackson was called "Action Jackson"), first would be to send the current owner far, far away( to a galaxy where the dark side of the force would eventually do away with him). Next, would be to fire Isaiah Thomas for all time-any time another team would even think of hiring him, I would threaten to move my team out of NY. Finally, all the selfish prima donnas would be traded/cut at the first favorable opportunity.
Look at what we have and call it rebuilding- the fans know what it is. Decrease the prices of the front row seats until we had a winner again. My last act as owner would be to hire jerry West as GM and then stay out of the way.

Marty

Next, would be to fire Isaiah Thomas for all time-any time another team would even think of hiring him, I would threaten to move my team out of NY.

I would have to agree with you on that. Proof that not all great players make great head coaches or GMs. As a Nuggets fan I would have to say that basketball wise I wouldnt really change much. Other than at least get rid of Kenyon Martin. That would be hard now though since he is had surgery on his "good" knee now. Oh, and sit Melo down and STRAIGHTEN his butt out!!!

Oh gosh, I can't imagine what I would do with the Red Sox, but I don't know if I'd fork over 50 mil just to talk with a pitcher who's never thrown a ball in the majors? But we shall see, he may be :001_tt1:

Being a die hard Knickerbocker fan ( I remember when Phil Jackson was called "Action Jackson"), first would be to send the current owner far, far away( to a galaxy where the dark side of the force would eventually do away with him). Next, would be to fire Isaiah Thomas for all time-any time another team would even think of hiring him, I would threaten to move my team out of NY. Finally, all the selfish prima donnas would be traded/cut at the first favorable opportunity.
Look at what we have and call it rebuilding- the fans know what it is. Decrease the prices of the front row seats until we had a winner again. My last act as owner would be to hire jerry West as GM and then stay out of the way.

Marty

That would leave the knicks with David Lee and.......Um, that's it.:biggrin:

Top Bottom