What's new

What to get from Germany

I have a relative coming over from Germany in June and was going to have them pick up some stuff. I am looking mainly at soaps and creams and maybe some obscure stuff. I have no need for blades, razors or brushes. Any recommendations on what I might want? I saw some German barbers olde timey soap on here recently with very high shipping costs. Might try to get that.
Edders

Palmolive, Nivea, Speick, Florena, Weleda, Tabac: all readily available at DM or Drogerie Mueller stores. Obscure stuff depends somewhat on where your relatives live.

Best - MM

I have a relative coming over from Germany in June and was going to have them pick up some stuff. I am looking mainly at soaps and creams and maybe some obscure stuff. I have no need for blades, razors or brushes. Any recommendations on what I might want? I saw some German barbers olde timey soap on here recently with very high shipping costs. Might try to get that.
Edders
:lol:

Thanks. I should have mentioned I go home to Scotland a lot so Palmolive, Nivea and Tabac are not a problem to find. They live around Stuttgart somewhere.

+1 on the girl!

For shaving gear: German and Austrian Pitralon, Tarr Aftershave, Gold Dachs Pflege Tonic. I am sure I could think of more given a little time...

Terrible.....

I started DE shaving in early October... the week AFTER I returned from a two-week work related trip to Stuttgart and Heidelberg...

d'oh!!

But still made it there in time for Oktoberfest!

Thanks. I should have mentioned I go home to Scotland a lot so Palmolive, Nivea and Tabac are not a problem to find. They live around Stuttgart somewhere.

I got to Stuttgart at least twice a year. My Companies Head quarters is right down the road in Ditzingen. Next time I am there (May) I'll have to look into picking up some Speick.

Terrible.....

I started DE shaving in early October... the week AFTER I returned from a two-week work related trip to Stuttgart and Heidelberg...

d'oh!!

But still made it there in time for Oktoberfest!

I know the feeling...I was living in Munich during the winter of 2005/2006 and didn't figure things out until Fall. :crying:

Felipe
What is the scent of the Klar soap like?
Good question. Klar sell different types, one of which (called Kabinett) is quite cheap and smells - well - soapy, hard to describe. When I bought that years ago it smelled different (much better than today, I mean).
But they also sell a more expensive version (which I do not know, unfortunately). Can only be good.
Greetings
oskar

Top Bottom