What's new

What to do with this brush?

While my first brush was supposed to be the Tweezerman ordered on Amazon, for some reason I received the following:

http://www.amazon.com/SimplyBeautif...GYNM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318643410&sr=8-1

I didn't return it because I thought the handle looked pretty nice. It's chrome and pretty darn heavy. Frankly, the knot sucked though. Then I discovered B&B and I've since moved on to better objects to obsess over.

I took a look at the brush recently and realized that the entire knot was coming out. While at one point this may have bothered me, today I see an opportunity. Combine the chrome handle with a nice new TGN knot and I have something pretty nice I think.

The only problem I have is that the handle is hollow. The knot was glued to a solid plastic tube with a groove that matched up to a tongue on the inside of the handle.

My question is what can I do to make this ready for a new knot? I'm guessing a cork might do the trick, but thought you all might have some better ideas/cautionary tales.

Thanks!

Darrin

Yup... cork is nice and light, epoxy it in with 15-minute epoxy.

Do NOT use Gorilla Glue... it expands and is only for items that are to be clamped.

And that is an awesome looking handle.

I prefer the traditional ceramic, or burled wood... but for a more modern looking den, it's a nice design.

Anything I should know about real cork vs. plastic corks?
It's going to be coated/sealed with epoxy, so other than density (weight), so no.
You're just looking for some kind of filler that's going to be lighter (and safer) than filling the handle with straight epoxy (fill that handle with 5 minute and you won't be able to touch it for 1/2 hour it'll be so hot).

Top Bottom