What's new

What to do about post-shave dry and taunt feeling

I'm rinsing with hot water after shaving, and then cold water to seal the pores. The last step in my routine is the application of Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra. I am suffering from post-shave dry and taunt skin with some irritation. Is the Razor Burn Relief Ultra insufficient for these symptoms? Should I use another moisturizer? Thanks in advance!:001_smile

Please tell us what is your routine, products use, etc.
It can help to localize an issue.

Your problem could possibly have more to do with pre-shave prep, lather, blade angle or technique than with a particular AS balm. In my own case, I was trying too hard to get a BBS shave-too much pressure, too many passes, etc and I suffered from some of the symptoms that trouble you. There's a limit to what any balm can do.

Tell us some more.

I'm rinsing with hot water after shaving, and then cold water to seal the pores. The last step in my routine is the application of Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra. I am suffering from post-shave dry and taunt skin with some irritation. Is the Razor Burn Relief Ultra insufficient for these symptoms? Should I use another moisturizer? Thanks in advance!:001_smile

Try rinsing with warm water. Really hot water will do bad things to your skin.

It could be the shave soap or cream that you're using.

Lately I've been using tallow-based soaps and I don't even need to use an aftershave--my face feels moisturized all day long just from the tallow soaps alone.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would try a different AS Balm.

Balm and razor burn products can't cure the problem, which us usually technique related. This is down to practice and finding the best tools for you.

Good, slick lather is the best friend your skin has, and you can practice that without the need to shave.

My best products for irritation and dryness is AS, like Proraso and Speick. These soothe and heal well, and a balm or moisturiser after can stop you drying out.

After I shave I use Thayer's rose petal WH followed by a skin moisturizer. GFT's skin food works well for me. However, when my skin is particularly in need of help I borrow my wife's skin moisturizer, which contains Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer, a substance that holds more than 1,000 times its weight in moisture.

After I shave I use Thayer's rose petal WH followed by a skin moisturizer. GFT's skin food works well for me. However, when my skin is particularly in need of help I borrow my wife's skin moisturizer, which contains Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer, a substance that holds more than 1,000 times its weight in moisture.

Thanks, I just picked up a bottle of Thayer's rose petal witch hazel. Do you mind if I asked for the name of the skin moisturizer? Thank you, sir.

Thanks, I just picked up a bottle of Thayer's rose petal witch hazel. Do you mind if I asked for the name of the skin moisturizer? Thank you, sir.

The name of the product is Maximum Moisture™ Hyaluronic Acid Face Cream. It is made by Mangoe Madness Skincare. The website is:
http://www.mangomadnessskincare.com/paraben-free-cream.html

The product is pricey - but a jar of it lasts a VERY long time. I currently have one jar that my wife gave me over 8 months ago.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Top Bottom