What's new

What Scent Does Your Wife or GF Like on You?

Just started wet shaving less than 2 months ago. Started out with Taconic Bay Rum shave soap. Holy smoke! I want to smell like Bay Rum all day, every day.
Over the past 6 weeks I've procured and tried Ogallala Bay Rum w/sweet orange (also great), Barberry Coast Bay Rum after shave, Taconic Bay Rum Shave Cream, Simpson's Citrus Burst Shave Cream (allergic to that), Sir Hare - Drunken Sailor Bay Rum (not so Bay Rum smelling), gonna palm that off on the teenage boys.

While I love the Bay Rum scent, Mrs. fuzzymuzzle is not a fan of clove or cinnamon scents.

Just finished putting an order together for more of the Taconic and Ogallala products and also a "Cranberry Spice" from "thesoapexchange". Hoping that twangs Mrs. fuzzymuzzle's olfactory senses.

What do your wives or girl friends like to smell on you?

My wife likes Stirling Glastonbury and Stirling Sandalwood. In the warmer months, she likes Stirling Island Man, and Stirling Black Pepper Lime. My wife says I smell like a pie, but my daughter likes when I shave with Stirling Hot Apple Cider and use the AS. She says I smell like an awesome candle.

Most of my aftershaves are Stirling if you didn't notice.

Not withstanding the unquestioned quality of the shave that Cella and Tabac are known to contribute to, which has the more popular or appealing fragrance?

Her favorite AS is Aqua Velva Original Sport

Favorite cologne is Burberry Touch, L'Occitane Eau de Vetyver is a very close 2nd

I should probably add, after a great great comment by ClintonP, that my wife is 45, so am I) and really doesn't like any scents that are "oldish", or "grampa-ish". After a BUNCH ($$$) of trial and error, (and years of being dense as far guys go), I have determined: Anything powdwery/barbershop-ish is out. Old-ish cologne-ish stuff is okay, and tolerated, just don't expect it to be an aphrodisiac on date night. (I don't know WTH kids wear today, holy crap.). (I sound like an old man, and I am an 80's kid.. [emoji3][emoji3])

Just always remember: (After 20+ years of a good marriage)

-A solicited comment about an AS + $1.50 will buy you a cup of coffee at any decent truckstop..
-When she tells you that you smell nice, REMEMBER that.

When I was in high school, aside from sweat and wet towels, Old Spice and Jade East was just about all you smelled in the locker room.

In the '90s I had a thing for "Paul Sebastian" and "Caesars Man" cologne which Mrs. fuzzymuzzle liked. She also liked "Eternity for Men".

Gonna be fun finding two or three shave soaps/creams - after shaves -calognes that she likes.

SWMBO likes summery, aquatic scents, which I hate but which I wear anyway because she's the one I want to make happy. Old Spice is my signature scent but her reaction has been mixed, with her telling me once that I smell like church and another time that I smelled "like fall and Christmas and all of the things I love." So I guess it depends on her mood.

None, SWMBO likes my natural man smell. Although, if there were something that would make me smell like a Cinnabon, she'd probably dig that.

I see some love for Executive Man by Stirling. Is it just me or does that smell like Irish Spring?

C.K. - Eternity aqua/summer/original scent cologne, aqua + original scent AS + ASB as well. In combination it is a triple threat.

My wife prefers a few scents to others, but she doesn't usually comment negatively. Her favorites on me are:
-Brut
-Zirh Ikon
-Agua Lavanda Puig

Top Bottom