What's new

what´s the name of this british NEW DeLuxe 2-piece razor set?

I´ve found this set, but I dont know the name of this set. The case looks like the #88 case, so is it a #88 DeLuxe set? The other set with this razor that I´ve , comes in a Belmont case, so I´ve called it 2-piece Belmont set. But I don´t know the officially name.

Any ideas?

$2014-10-06 015.jpg$2014-10-06 018.jpg$2014-10-06 029.jpg$2014-10-06 033.jpg

Wow, I didn't know there exists some Gillette set that Achim doesn't know.

I'm waiting here for answers on this one.

The #88 is a Raised Flat Bottom Long Comb. Your razor's head resembles the short comb deluxe. I would rate the box as a secondary consideration as the Brits did some strange things with the razors they made for the French market. I think Porter may have one like this so he will hopefully make his usual informed contribution, but my far less informed suggestion would be "French Market English NEW Belmont Deluxe".

Cheers, George

The #88 is a Raised Flat Bottom Long Comb. Your razor's head resembles the short comb deluxe. I would rate the box as a secondary consideration as the Brits did some strange things with the razors they made for the French market. I think Porter may have one like this so he will hopefully make his usual informed contribution, but my far less informed suggestion would be "French Market English NEW Belmont Deluxe".

Cheers, George

I'm sure Achim knows the difference between the #88 and the Deluxe. :lol:

But yeah, I agree ... I would also call it a NEW Belmont Deluxe for the French market.

:huh: I'm sure he does, but he did raise the question of calling it a #88 Deluxe.

Cheers, George

Which is perfectly possible too.

How many #77 there is? One of them is even a Tech.

Why do you guys keep giving so much importance to the numbers? Most of the time, numbers refer to cases and /or plating, not the razor itself. :tongue_sm

But, I agree with you and I still think NEW Belmont Deluxe for the French market is the most logical answer.

Last edited:
Which is perfectly possible too.

How many #77 there is? One of them is even a Tech.

Why do you guys keep giving so much importance to the numbers? Most of the time, numbers refer to cases and /or plating, not the razor itself. :tongue_sm

Not quite following here Edgar. The #77 and #88 names are based on a razor that looks, and is, the same, just in a different box. Achim's razor looks like a Belmont Deluxe. If it was found without the case it wouldn't be identified as a #77 or a #88. With the box it could be called an English Belmont Deluxe in a different box intended for the French market, or it could be a case mismatch as is common in the French market. I'm not aware of the #77 tech - can you provide a link?:001_huh:

Cheers, George

See here this English Belmont, the case is not the same (notice also the different lid).

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1933 NEW Belmont England von Leon.jpg

proxy.php

The case Achim shows is not the same as the #88, but the color of the lining and the diamond logo are, so that is why I said it wouldn't surprise me if they called this a #88 Deluxe. Everything is possible, and I am pretty sure Gillette didn't care about numbers nearly as much as we do.

But, I repeat, I also think the most logical is to call it a French market NEW Belmont Deluxe.

Thanks Edgar. Australian Tech Set No 77. I actually have the RFB with a thin tech handle in that box....and I bought that from Portugal.:biggrin1:

OK, you win, I see your point.......but I still thinks Achim's is a French Market English NEW Belmont Deluxe.:001_tt2::laugh:

Cheers, George

I am pretty sure Gillette didn't care about numbers nearly as much as we do.

Hmm, don't know about that. His shippers and advertisements are fairly number rich.

You're way too fast a poster. You're getting 2 or 3 posts out, with pics, while I'm fiddling around with 1, so it's out of date before I even post it.:blink::biggrin1:

Cheers, George

Hmm, don't know about that. His shippers and advertisements are fairly number rich.

You're way too fast a poster. You're getting 2 or 3 posts out, with pics, while I'm fiddling around with 1, so it's out of date before I even post it.:blink::biggrin1:

Cheers, George

For the record, I wan't disagreeing with you, George! :tongue_sm
Yeah, I only meant that if they called #77 set to 2 or 3 different razors (well, two - the Tech and the NEW) they weren't really all that worried. But at least they have numbers ... :lol:

Anyway ... here is another NEW Belmont Deluxe for the French market:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/248916-Belmont-Deluxe-redux

proxy.php

Top Bottom