What's new

What razor gave you the worst cut you ever got?

Was maybe my first shave as a DE owner
Bought the futur
Knew nothing on blade gap/efficency, angle of shave lack of pressure etc
Opened it up the full way
Shaved my head, cut lumps out of myself
Still have the scar (divot) I dug out of the back of my head
Absolute disaster from start to finish bled profusely

Sold the futur not long after that, got a 34c
Got my technique sorted (a bit) before experimenting again

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
On what I was trying to shave, I'd say the Razorine.

On a body part associated with what I was trying to shave, that'd be slicing open a finger on my skin-stretching hand while using a shavette.

One was totally user error; one was not having good technique for the tool. Maybe both for both...

Sold the Razorine and started using a folded washcloth as a pad when skin-stretching. Problems solved.

O.H.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've had accidents with folding knives.... but like has been previously stated, any time I've cut myself with a Safety Razor, it's been my fault, pure and simple.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This here true story is gonna take me awhile to tell properly, so I will tell it when I am more awake!
I was razor cutting a client's hair, removing some bulk, and decided to remove the razor guard and WIPE THE BLADE OFF with my thumb. Yeah, it was as dumb as it sounds.

Went about halfway through the pad of my thumb. Bled like a stuck pig.

And I still had to finish the scissor work. What an idiot. She was real nice about it, just watched and waited as I washed my hands with shampoo in the shaving bowl, and basically used a Bandaid as a tourniquet, lol.

Then finished the haircut and told her I didn't leave much blood behind in her hair, but that it would probably be wise to wash her hair when she got home!

My first ever razor (a Gillette "old type" DE, made in Canada, open comb, all the plating worn off) cut me fairly grimly during my newbie-hood in the mid 1970s, and that was sort of expected, and accepted as a rite of passage. "Bad technique, persevere... soon you'll be able to have a blood-free shave."

I still have it (inherited it from my father, so kept it out of sentiment) and it has blade alignment trouble (wear), and a dinged top cap (bent). The worst ever newbie tool. Basically it is a worn-out razor.

In exactly the same Scottish bathroom, there was a "slim twist" Gillette TTO (probably a failed Christmas present from my sister to her dad, who inexplicably liked his nasty beat-up 1920s razor more), and the black plastic (delrin) Wilkinson provided by my mother, which lives on forever but is too mild.

Neither of those things could get me a decent shave (seeing as I always waited for 7 days to get one), so I went down a bad road instead.

My two worst cuts were with a cart and a straight.

I was only a couple of months into SR shaving and had not even had a nick. Got up at 1:30 am to get to a 3 am sound check and decided to use a straight after 3 hours sleep. Still have that scar.

The first bad cut I ever got was from a Gilette Blue II disposable. Somehow managed to take a divot out of my chin. That must have been 12 or 13 years ago. I remember it bled profusely. If I look hard, I can still see that scar too.

Yaqi Rass1812. Gave me I cut I won’t forget.

yaqi safety razor | BestPrice.gr

Top Bottom