What's new

What razor gave you the worst cut you ever got?

Believe it or not, but the worst cut I've had from a razor came from my Rockwell 6S. The razor is super mild and in theory is impossible to even nick yourself and I was trying to remove a very small stubble located right under my lower lip and I guess I was careless and didn't calculate where exactly the edge is going to land and it bit my lower lip pretty bad.

Every since that accident I'm always cautious and very careful when I shave around my lips even if I use a very mild razor.

The Gillette Guard. I was quickly shaving my head and not paying attention when my ear got sliced by a wayward movement of the razor. Bled quite a lot and was reluctant to stop. Must have nicked a nerve because that spot on my ear is still tender years later. Just call me Vincent.

When I first got my EJ DE89 I made a foolish move in shaving under my nose and gouged (the term "nick" is not sufficient) my nostril. Bled quite a bit.

Also yesterday I was tightening a 3 piece razor and my index finger slipped around to the front of the razor (oops). Nice little slice there.

These were user error, of course.

This thread is a good reminder to exercise caution unless you enjoy bleeding all over everything.

When I first got my EJ DE89 I made a foolish move in shaving under my nose and gouged (the term "nick" is not sufficient) my nostril. Bled quite a bit.

Also yesterday I was tightening a 3 piece razor and my index finger slipped around to the front of the razor (oops). Nice little slice there.

These were user error, of course.

This thread is a good reminder to exercise caution unless you enjoy bleeding all over everything.
Did the same with a Gillette Tech. Jammed the razor straight into the edge of my nostril. Just careless.

When I got my first shavette many years ago, a DOVO Shavette. I had been getting some pretty good shaves with the DOVO so I started to think I knew what I was doing, got over confident and was sort of absentmindedly shaving my chin with a tuggy blade and not stretching properly. All of a sudden BAM! I put a HUGE cut in my chin! I probably should of gotten stitches because I have a scar there now. It took me quite a while before I tried using a Shavette again.

After 25+ years of shaving now, with everything from SRs to Bic disposables (and most in between), mine was fairly recent. I've cut myself way more with a de than a sr, but a couple of months ago I had a stupid attack while bringing my Johan engstrom down to my chin to shave. Completely my fault. I didn't use a band aid, but it took 5 minutes of alum application and reapplication to get the bleeding under control. I have a nice scar from that now. That razor is SHARP!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was razor cutting a client's hair, removing some bulk, and decided to remove the razor guard and WIPE THE BLADE OFF with my thumb. Yeah, it was as dumb as it sounds.

Went about halfway through the pad of my thumb. Bled like a stuck pig.

And I still had to finish the scissor work. What an idiot. She was real nice about it, just watched and waited as I washed my hands with shampoo in the shaving bowl, and basically used a Bandaid as a tourniquet, lol.

Then finished the haircut and told her I didn't leave much blood behind in her hair, but that it would probably be wise to wash her hair when she got home!
Lol, SHAMPOO bowl/sink! Not my mom's brightest boy!

I’ve nicked myself a few times with various razors, don’t remember which ones, but it’s always been pilot error, though. (I’ve only been at this for about 5 months.)

One of the dumbest things I’ve done is nick one of my finger tips on the off-hand. Not only did it bleed a lot, it let me know it was there every time I’d grab or pick something up.

A french point dovo that has a black coated blade my wife bought me as a gift, slipped out of my fingers at 530 in the morning and instead of letting it hit the stone counter or tile floor I had a split second of poor judgement and caught it pressing it vertically into my left jaw, not even a styptic pencil would touch it, it left a nice deep inch and a half line. One reason I only shave with straights on weekends now.

A french point dovo that has a black coated blade my wife bought me as a gift, slipped out of my fingers at 530 in the morning and instead of letting it hit the stone counter or tile floor I had a split second of poor judgement and caught it pressing it vertically into my left jaw, not even a styptic pencil would touch it, it left a nice deep inch and a half line. One reason I only shave with straights on weekends now.
Wow!!!!:eek2:

I slammed my ring finger into the edge of a Soderen straight razor. Hard to explain exactly what happened, I went to pull a stray hair (from my head) off the blade with my left hand and as I flicked it away I rotated my hand up and caught my finger. It didn't quite get down to the bone. Since I was already lathered up I just wrapped it up good and tight and finished shaving before going to get it stitched up.

Ming Shi 3000s adjustable razor. Poor design results in an unbalanced/angled blade at the more aggressive settings. Choice was either a poor shave at mild settings or nicks with a DMF shave. Happy with my Weishi long handle and King. C. Gillette DE.

The Birko Best DE I’ve been using. The material seems to be Presstof, useful In Germany during the war, due to material shortage. After three shaves it had bended, without me noticing. The loaded Nacet took a complete mold of my chin🍷

As a youngster shaving it was a Gillette Super, sliced a bit of chin as an inexperienced shaver sharing a dull razor with three other boys in the house. But as a grownup, it was probably about 5 years ago I cut open my ear lobe with a Merkur Futur. I wasn't shaving the lobe, but just bringing the razor back to shave behind the ear. Blood was going everywhere but fortunately I'm a shower shaver and it was contained. it did look like a scene from Psycho though once the bleeding stopped.

My worst cut came from a Muhle R89. The side tab of the blade caught my ear lobe and cut it pretty darn good. I didn't feel it but noticed blood droplets pooling up on the bathroom countertop.

Top Bottom