What's new

What razor blade did you use today? How many days?

Today was my first shave with a Dollar General Dorco blade. I was pleasantly surprised with the close, comfortable shave it provided, paired with a Tech. I flew to Florida and only had a carry-on, so it was either find a blade locally or break out the Fusion. At the nearby Rite Aid, a pack of blades cost $8, so the 5 for $1 DG blades were a much better buy. For value, I still prefer the $.08/blade of bulk Astra SP or Derby. However, I no longer have to worry about finding a relatively cheap blade with acceptable performance, as long as a DG is near my destination.

Mike

Astra SP (4)

Smooth and comfortable shave, but had two tiny weepers. Think I'll grab one more shave with it and then go back to my Lab Blues.

Yeah, I've been hanging on to this old Schick Plus Platinum blade for about nine shaves, now. It still works, but has a slight tug.
-- Chet

I used an old BX special I bought while ducking out of work lol. I am going to say they are about like a Persona. Really didn't do a bad job although I did put a good divot in my neck "my fault". Cant wait to go to the Art of Shaving this weekend. First day on this blade, three passes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom