What's new

What not to do!

Morning, Afternoon and Evening All,

I woke up late yesterday morning and was in need of a shave before going to work. Being a bowl latherer, I use my kettle to boil some water (which I use to pre soak my brush and warm my lather bowl up, while I take a shower).

So I enter the bathroom and go straight to the sink with the kettle in hand and as I went to pour the boiling water into my lather bowl, I clipped the edge of the sink and instead of pouring this boiling water into my bowl, it found its way to my arm... :blink: I was literally on fire! :lol:

proxy.php

I suppose if there is any good to come out of this is that I have found a new appreciation for face lathering!!.. The bowls have been put into hibernation for a while :biggrin1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Hope you heal quickly and completely.

I personally never understood the whole boiling water / kettle thing. My hot water heater is adjustable, and I can get plenty hot water right out of the tap.

I know some folks in an apartment complex or such may not have that luxury, but this incident stands as a good warning to folks of what can happen when you bring dangerously hot water into a room designed specifically to have lots of unprotected skin exposed.

Look on the bright side, it could have been worse if you had been more prepared for your shower than you were.

Wow, all the best on a speedy heal. If water that hot works for you that's fine, but I question the need for water that hot? I've just found that water so hot tends to dry out the lather. I use a scuttle and find that just hot tap water works great. :thumbup1:

Boy, that was a dumb *** thing to do.

But I guess you have already had that thought. :blush:

One of my goals in life is not to die thinking, "That was really stupid.".

Try some aloe regularly as your burn heal. It helped me when I got a good burn on a campfire. Get better soon!

Thanks for the well wishes!

I started using the boiling water method before I joined up... And it worked well for me, so I didn't really bother changing this process.. Why change when its working for you?!?!

I suppose I have forced myself to change now though!

Boy, that was a dumb *** thing to do.

But I guess you have already had that thought. :blush:

Absolutely!!, as I was on my way to work!!

Wow. You sure that wasn't from a scalding hot cup of Joe from McDonald's?

Hope that gets better soon!

I have avoided the boiling water routine for that reason. I am capable of that! I am happy the wife jacked up the temp on the hot water heater a couple of years ago, though!

Ouchies mate !!!!

Though I'm actually more worried about you taking a photograph of your left arm while holding your camera in your right hand while driving !!!!!

Perhaps another accident waiting to happen :lol:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It must sting quite a bit!

You will be putting aloe on this for a few days!

Yikes! Are you OK? Have you stopped by a health clinic to have it looked at? Be careful - burns can be nasty.

That's the reason I don't use boiling water in my shave routine. I fill up the scuttle with the hottest water coming out of the tap (it's turned down enough so it won't scald) and the lather is still plenty warm.

Ouchies mate !!!!

Though I'm actually more worried about you taking a photograph of your left arm while holding your camera in your right hand while driving !!!!!

Perhaps another accident waiting to happen :lol:

It's ok Ian rest assured that the car was in my drive way not moving :thumbup1:

I did stop by the local hospital and was advised that the burn is superficial and to keep applying the healing/cooling gel...

Live and learn!!!

Top Bottom