What's new

What items are always a constant in your shave routine?

I know we talk a lot about Razors, Brushes, Soaps, Blades etc.. For me all of those things are constantly being rotated and vary from shave to shave. However, I was curious to what others always use constantly for each shave. For me they are:
1. Hot or warm shower and end with a face wash by Proraso - It is creamy goodness that gently exfoliates my face skin with crushed walnut shells, and the soap has a hint of menthol that leaves my face clean and my beard soft, the menthol has a great tingling effect making way for a great shave.
2. Immediately after my shave and before After Shave Thayers "The magic made by witches".

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

I pretty much rotate every part of my shave, every two days. However, the most constant item would be my Thayer's WH Rose. I've been using that for a good year or so and works fantastic as post-shave.

As I think about this I'd have to say nothing remains constant. I like to switch up face washes- Nivea or Neutrogena Men face Wash in the blue tubes, or Liquid Neutrogena.

I'll switch from Thayer's WH to Neutrogena alcohol-free Toner.

Most shaves are done after a face wash but sometimes I'll shower then shave, or shave then shower.

For me the most constant thing about my routine right now is my razor. Just a preference to use my go-to about 85% of the time.

I always use the product below to prep my face prior to shaving. It can also be used after a shave, and it contains witch hazel which will help if you have any nicks.

• Nivea Men Sensitive Skin Face Wash 150 mL / 5 fl. Oz. U.S.
    • Gently removes impurities. Soap Free. Alcohol free.

At the moment, Grooming Department Pre Shave Serum (unscented)
About to run out and will get another plus the Rejuvenating one he just released

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Only Astra SP blades. Bought the 100 pack and have no reason to start looking around for other brands. They are working well. Just about everything else changes on a daily basis...razor, soap, aftershave, beard oil, etc.

Razor, blades, brush, lather bowl--all the same every shave. I rotate through a bunch of soaps and creams, and I have a few afrweshaves I use, mainly 4711 cologne used as an AS.

The shave itself is completely variable. The constant are prep and post-shave.
  1. Hot shower using a bar of Ivory soap for my face before the shave
  2. Alum block after the shave
  3. Homebrew oil mixture after rinsing off the alum

100% CeraVe is the last thing that goes on
90% After a hot shower
80% Thayers Witch Hazel is in there somewhere, whether as a rinse-aid for tallow or as an aftershave.
80% A Synthetic brush with STF2 type bristles (Usually the Omega Evo since it came out)

Almost EVERYTHING is a constant with my shaves:

1 Razor* = Pre-War Fat Handle Tech (1938-45 w/triangular lather slots) *I actually have 2 of these.
1 Blade = Gillette Silver Blue (the only blades I use)
1 Aftershave = Ruzel Aftershave (the only aftershave I use)
2 Brushes = Simpson 56 Best Badge & Simpson TULIP 2 Super Badger (I guess this is a "rotation")

SOAPS: MANY and growing! This is my variable in DE wet shaving! I love Love LOVE Soaps!

Top Bottom