What's new

What item do you use the most, maybe every day?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The razor: Edwin Jagger DE3D14

I believe the razor is the most important element to stay familiar with. Or to put it another way, changing the razor has the biggest adverse impact on my shaves. I don't know how people here get great shaves using different razors all the time. I normally get excellent shaves, but swapping razors really messes that up, and I really wouldn't be happy getting those noticeably lower quality shaves every day.
I never have a shave without my Giant Green Marvey Rubber Shave Mug. :)

I agree, sort of. I used to think, my technique with different type razors would suffer if I switched everyday. So I began rotating a week for DE a week for SE a week for Straight & Shavette's etc. I found when I did this, when it was time to rotate to a different razor for the week, the first couple of shaves for the first few days of the week, were not as good as the last few days of the week.

I guess, it was because of the whole week of absence from another type razor. So I went back to rotating on a daily basis, instead of a weekly rotation. I find now, since I rotate daily, my technique for different razors doesn't suffer as much, becuase I get back to each type of razor sooner.

Anyhoo, that's what works for me. :)

The only real variability in my lineup at the moment is blades; so pretty much everything gets used every day.

That will likely change now that I have found this place and have been exposed to the ridiculous array of razors, handles, soaps, balms, etc, etc... :)

The razor: Edwin Jagger DE3D14

I believe the razor is the most important element to stay familiar with. Or to put it another way, changing the razor has the biggest adverse impact on my shaves. I don't know how people here get great shaves using different razors all the time. I normally get excellent shaves, but swapping razors really messes that up, and I really wouldn't be happy getting those noticeably lower quality shaves every day.
I too like to stick with the same razor and actually most of the same gear on a daily basis. I do have several razors and probably too much stuff collected over the years, but I stopped doing “rotations” and just use what I want when I start to shave. 95% of the time its a Fat Boy with Persona Meds and Creamo. Less is more.

Clubman powder, both for the face and throat after a shave, and as an additional drying layer for my underarms. About the only time I don't put the powder on after a shave is if I have to leave the house within 10-15 minutes. Fortunately that's rare.

I finish every shave with an Omega alum stick. I like the feedback and knowing how well I did with my shave. It’s kind of like keeping score in a way.

I use my Feather AS-D2 almost daily, sometimes twice, although I only use it around my mouth and chin. I use a more aggressive razor for the rest of my face and neck, but I rotate between a few of my favourite razors for that.

My Bulldog Original Moisturiser gets used after every shave.

In order:

Daily use:

Warm water
Nivea Men ASB
Thayer's WH
Crystal Deodorant alum
Timeless bowl for croaps or creams
Marvy Mug for pucks

Razors, blades, and soaps vary from week to week.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I keep two razors ready to go and pretty much rotate everything except Proraso preshave and osma alum block I use every time.

Being a minimalist I stick with:
Razor: King C. Gillette
Brush: Omega--11126 and Gray Dog (with each blade change)
Blade: What ever comes out of the storage container (when a blade is replaced)
Bowl: Fine Stoneware
Cream: Cella green (till I use it up)
A / S: Jeris Musk (till I use it up)
W / H: Drug store generic brand

My constants include: Warm shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel and Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm.

My variables include: Razor, blade, brush, soap/cream, soap bowl/scuttle, After Shave/EDT and Alum Stick or Stypic Pencil as needed (hopefully rarely).

Top Bottom